Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham

5 posters

Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham

Post  Elf Service Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:34 pm

As most of you are aware, 2009 is the 50th anniversary of the first Mini rolling off the production line at the then Austin Works in Longbridge South West Birmingham. To celebrate this iconic car, there will be several special events held around the country throughout the year. One of the key events will be held at Cofton Park, opposite the Longbridge works over the weekend of 7th to 9th August. Living only 10 minutes from the Longbridge site (what's left of it) I have volunteered to investigate organising an Elf and Hornet Register stand.

Initial requests have been sent to the organisers requesting more information. The individual cost per adult is £55.00 which if you wish to stay for the weekend isn't too bad as it includes overnight camping facilities, evening meal, entertainment from serveral live bands and breakfast the following morning. If like me you wish to travel to and from the event each day, then the cost is steep to say the least. Reading the organisers website www.imm2009.co.uk there will be day passes available with details released a little nearer the time (I have asked for more information specifically for day visitors).
Check out the Mini clubs already booked in. There are clubs from the UK and Europe and even a club from Mexico, serious stuff.

Can you let me know how many people would like to consider coming along to what will be a Mini event to remember?
I'm looking for interested parties for the weekend and just day visitors. You don't need to commit at this stage, I'm just after a rough idea to reserve our plot and try to negotiate a group booking discount.

Any questions,thoughts,suggestions (nothing too rude) and so on, etc.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty Re: IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham

Post  evmck Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am

Hi there Andrew.

I would be interested in coming down for this but i suspect that i will be alone (ie no car - Henry's restoration is taking longer than I planned). Am not sure if I would be camping but I'd definitely like to be there!

It would be great to put faces to names etc!

Evelyn
PS The doors came up a treat that I got from you and are looking very smart. flower
evmck
evmck

Back to top Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty IMM 50th Mini Show Cofton Park Birmingham

Post  Elf Service Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Evelyn

Glad the doors did the job. I have just lightened my bank balance to the tune of £1000.00 on a partial respray and repair work on a new addition to the growing Mini fleet (1998 MPI Mini base model in BRG - quite rare as these were the same price as the flasher Mini Cooper), so I know body show costs can be very expensive. Why do we do it????

Re the IMM show at Longbridge, The day passes are £15.00 on the day or £12.00 if you book in advance. I haven't received much interest so far but as Christmas is with us, I don't expect things to kick back into gear until the end of January.

Have a great Christmas and hope to see you next year.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty IMM 50

Post  Red Riley Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 pm

I would love to try and make it over for the IMM. Anyone need a co-pilot if I show up?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty Re: IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham

Post  TONYELF Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Im sure someone will need a co-pilot, Mine is coming from Boston MA ! (recession allowing.That'sthe 400 odd horsepower mini van owner)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary meet August 7th - 9th Birmingham Empty imm-50th-anniversary-meet-august-7th-9th-birmingham

Post  WFK Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Andrew

We note your request some time ago about trying to get an Elf / Hornet Register gathering together for the IMM / Mini 50 weekend. We are coming over from Northern Ireland, three of us, in my son's 1968 Elf and have been trying to find out the best way to enter as we will be staying off-site. So we are not on for the IMM £55 PP but would be on for the Mini 50 event and are assuming this will be the best place to be over Sat / Sun to be with other cars and trade stands ? If we enter as day entrant[s] and not the IMM do we miss something ?

Do you have any other information on what is going on ?

Regaqrds, Frank

WFK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum