Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of Door Cappings...

3 posters

Go down

Speaking of Door Cappings... Empty Speaking of Door Cappings...

Post  Red Riley Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Has anyone ever made a set of Door Cappings from scratch? I'm a pretty fair carpenter, and once I've finished my new dash, I'd like to try making a set of door caps in the same wood as my dash (don't know what that will be yet). Just wondering since I've never seen a set up close, how they attach, etc. I wonder if someone out there has a pattern?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Door Cappings... Empty Wooden Door Cappings

Post  Elf Service Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Red Riley wrote:Has anyone ever made a set of Door Cappings from scratch? I'm a pretty fair carpenter, and once I've finished my new dash, I'd like to try making a set of door caps in the same wood as my dash (don't know what that will be yet). Just wondering since I've never seen a set up close, how they attach, etc. I wonder if someone out there has a pattern?

I have a set of genuine Rover Mini Cappings in Walnut.
I can take some images and measurements etc.
They are attached by a few black countersink self tapping screws, so very simple. I'm not sure if it is worth the effort in making your own unless you have a specific design in mind.

Let me know if you need more information.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Door Cappings... Empty Re: Speaking of Door Cappings...

Post  Red Riley Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm sure it will be a challenge to make my own, but it would give me the option of having a match with the dash and in a wood that would stand out from the crowd.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  O'Riley Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

Red Riley wrote:I'm sure it will be a challenge to make my own, but it would give me the option of having a match with the dash and in a wood that would stand out from the crowd.

making your own will be much more satisfying. Looking forward to seeing your creation!

O'Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down