Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011

2 posters

Go down

Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 Empty Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011

Post  TONYELF Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

I guess this show is similar to Bromley and is a two day show every August around my Birthday (19TH) With camping.

I was on the Riley Club stand which won 2nd Highly commended club stand award see first Trophy

Three members on the stand won a First each too. one for a 1936 open tourer, one for the Best Riley in the show, (a 1.5 tourer) and one for the best 1960's Two door Saloon which happened to to be my Elf! A good result for the Riley Club with 4 awards total.
Best Riley of show
Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 P8201812
Club Stand trophy
Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 P8201838
The Three winners (Best open tourer on left)
Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 P8211950
My Trophy
Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 P8221951

I was dead chuffed to say the least as the standard of entries was very high and I have never considered the Elf as a "Saloon"!)

Last edited by TONYELF on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelin ! :-()
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 Empty Re: Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011

Post  humph Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Congratulations Tony. I was hoping to make this, but alas failed dismally. I did get to see some of the cars later on the M53, a lovely mk2 Cortina and a few Austins.

This year has been pretty baron as far as show attendance goes for me, really must get it planned better next year.

humph

Back to top Go down

Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011 Empty Re: Tatton Park Classic car and Sportscar Show 2011

Post  TONYELF Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks. This one is definately one of the best shows in the Northwest and is well worth the effort to attend, a bit expensive for families. £5 for Car parking and £7.50 for adults. Club stand tickets are free and some peeps have 4 in the car! (don't blame them!)
The standard of some of the cars was so high I didn't think I stood a chance!

There is camping with limited facilities for Friday and Saturday nights too (not sure of costs) Maybe some of you may fancy to make a weekend of it one year? (snag is some of you may want to attend MITP at Santa Pod?)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 pm

We'd be interested Tony. My wife is a university admissions tutor so we miss MITP as she has to go in to work on the Sunday to vet the A level results of her candidates on the Sunday. This show would be ideal as we could do the show and get her to work.

There seems to be a good few classic car shows in the NW but I'm not sure how good any of them are? Any recommendations?

humph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down