Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Runner!

4 posters

Go down

Daily Runner! Empty Daily Runner!

Post  elfgirl Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I just wanted to share with you all how impressed I've been with Katy this week. I did keep her tucked up for a couple of days while I "worked at home". I was rather worried about how we both would manage when I knew I had to actually go in on Wednesday and my road was still covered in sheet ice.

But having carefully peeled the cover off the roof (it had frozen on!!). It took just a little gentel coaxing and she was off - with the heater blowing beautifully too!

Daily Runner! Image055-1
Here she is having arrived safely at work!

P.S. For our international members who manage to deal with snow on a regular basis without any of the fuss we've had - sorry, I know we should/ could have been prepared, but the sight of half of East London (adults and kids) out in the park, talking to each other!! throwing snowballs and building snowmen was a fantastic sight and experience. Smile Smile
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Daily Runner! Empty Re: Daily Runner!

Post  TONYELF Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:26 pm

It's good to know you managed to motor to work and back safely. Here in Chester we only had 2 inches of snow on Monday and that was wet and slushy after about two hours and which melted by next morning.
I hope you are making sure the Elf is as dry as possible (and your cover inside) before putting it on. It can play havoc with the paintwork if it freezes.(a good waxing may help to protect it)
A neighbour put some newspaper on his screen to keep the snow off it. Did it work? No! but he spent a nice half hour reading it from inside while it defrosted! Smile Exclamation
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Classic cars drive alot better in the snow and ice because of there skiney wheel cut into the snow.
Not like modern cars who have whider tyres there for less grip.

I was walking down the street today and some radom couple were have snowballs fights and they started to chuck them at me so then we had a little snowball fight did`nt no who they were but it was all fun.

It bring the comutey together at times like this.
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:27 am

Good old Katy! Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down