Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Suspension Bump Stops

3 posters

Go down

Front Suspension Bump Stops Empty Front Suspension Bump Stops

Post  RileyUSMan Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:59 pm

My new Elf has worn off front bump stops. I ordered new ones from Seven Enterprises (see pic). They also gave me bolts and nuts, they enlarged the holes slightly to fit the size of the bolt. Has anyone changed these before on their Elf? Are they easy to change? Do I have to make the holes in the suspension arm larger like they did in the bump stops they sent me? Thanks for info!!

Front Suspension Bump Stops 21a15910
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Front Suspension Bump Stops Empty Re: Front Suspension Bump Stops

Post  whitebuffalo Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 am

RileyUSMan wrote:My new Elf has worn off front bump stops. I ordered new ones from Seven Enterprises (see pic). They also gave me bolts and nuts, they enlarged the holes slightly to fit the size of the bolt. Has anyone changed these before on their Elf? Are they easy to change? Do I have to make the holes in the suspension arm larger like they did in the bump stops they sent me? Thanks for info!!

Front Suspension Bump Stops 21a15910

Seems that the set up would have the normal small bolt, I think they have the enlarged holes for the larger bolt for a front shock addition. I had to do this on a '68 Mini to add a shock so I wouldn't have that hydrolastic dive upon braking and used my cordless drill with a new drill bit with plenty of oil to drill the hole. For my Elf, I was luckily replacing and rebuilding the front suspension so I was able to remove the upper arm from the car and use my drill press to drill the hole larger.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down

Post  paulsminis Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

I found that the "special Swedish Bump Stops" (sometimes called competition bump stops) cured the nose dive/lift without adding shocks, both on my Hornet and on my 67 S.

Paul
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 pm

paulsminis wrote:I found that the "special Swedish Bump Stops" (sometimes called competition bump stops) cured the nose dive/lift without adding shocks, both on my Hornet and on my 67 S.

Paul
I did the same thing on my Elf before I converted to coil springs. The bump stops kept me from getting sea sick Smile
Now that I have the coil springs I am much happier than when I had the tired hydro suspension.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down