Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine on subframe back into body

2 posters

Go down

Engine on subframe back into body Empty Engine on subframe back into body

Post  elfsave Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 pm

I have to admit it, but I have been beaten by this.I have spent all afternoon trying to lower the body back onto subframe and engine. It came out with a little help from gravity but there is no way is it going back the same way.
It does not help that I built a new front panel and wings round the subframe and the the front panel was new so it will be MK3.
I can achieve every angle possible with the front body on a winch through the windscreen appature and rear on 24'' trolley jacks but the sub frame is at least 3/4 '' longer than the hole it needs to go in.

To make it worse I have done this before on a mates 78 van with no problems

Any Ideas anyone

elfsave

Back to top Go down

Engine on subframe back into body Empty Re: Engine on subframe back into body

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:36 pm

where doesn't it fit? i once had a problem re-fitting the tower bolts on my car and only solved it by pushing the car close to a wall, putting handbrake on and using a bottle jack and long bar against the wall to push subframe tower back against the car to get bolt holes to line up.

hopefully a little fettling will get it in - brute force and ignorance can be great sometimes!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down