Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do i up load pictures to the site ?

4 posters

Go down

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Empty how do i up load pictures to the site ?

Post  MERLIN MIKE Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Pict0312

have tried in vain to up load picures can any one help ?

MERLIN MIKE

Back to top Go down

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Empty Re: how do i up load pictures to the site ?

Post  elfgirl Tue May 17, 2011 10:11 pm

You need to put the pics on a webhosting site first etc. i know Tony has had some problems with photobucket recently and there are plenty of others. I'm sure others will come along with recomendations. Once uploaded your picture will have a code to use when posting on forums which will have various bits of stuff inbetween image tags i.e. [img][/img] copy and paste that into your post and it should work. You might want to resize your image so its not too big or too small - I would recommeded previewing your post first to check it has worked.

That's probably not the clearest explanation, if it's a bit murky, i'm sure someone else will explain it better.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Empty Re: how do i up load pictures to the site ?

Post  Red Riley Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 am

Two ways. First way if you want to just host one image at a time to the forum, go into the Post Reply window by hitting the Post Reply button. Then find the button that says Host an Image when you roll over it with the mouse cursor. This will let you host pictures at servIMG.com, which is a little free what? Picture hosting site, right.
Then when you have this little window, you use the Browse for Image line to find the picture on your computer, and upload it. Once it's uploaded it will show you several lines of code. Hit the COPY button at the last line and then hit the button that looks like a little photo and paste the code you copied in there.how do i up load pictures to the site ? Screen10

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Screen11

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Screen12

how do i up load pictures to the site ? Screen13

If you have your pictures already hosted somewhere, Photobucket, Flickr, Picasa, etc. You will normally right click on the picture (have the photo hosting site open in a second window while you're doing all this) then copy the image location, then just hit the little photo button as per the above instructions, just leaving out the first part about the uploading, and paste the code you just copied.
Any less confused now?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 pm

elfgirl wrote:

That's probably not the clearest explanation, if it's a bit murky, i'm sure someone else will explain it better.

I was right Very Happy
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 am

MerlinMike, I fixed your first post. You were almost there, you were just missing the first [img] tag.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu May 19, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for that Brian, I am about to give up!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down