Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf

5 posters

Go down

Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf Empty Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf

Post  Combrew Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:52 am

Good evening alll i wondered if somebody would be kind enough to post a phot of a riley Elf that is the above colour please

If you remember i posted a query about a Brown and Cream Elf which we did buy but now the Heritage Certificate has come back with details that it originaly were these colours whilst the DVLA's copy of the previous owners show it was Grey and White

but looking on the positive side it was sold from a local Garage and has spent all its life within a ten mile radius .

At present im not sure whether i will be happy to keep it without respraying it !!! as i do like to have a car as "original " is that mad !!

Many thanks for you help

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf Empty Re: Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf

Post  hilbert Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 am

i don't now if ikt it is the goog collor but this is bleu whit white

http://www.longbridge.nl/showroom/auto/Riley-Elf/Riley-elf.html

hilbert

hilbert

Back to top Go down

Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf Empty Re: Photo of a Persian Blue/Snowberry White Roof-Riley Elf

Post  Combrew Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:43 pm

thank you very much for looking and posting the photo if it is the Persian Blue im not sure thats the Blue/ Grey the Heritage people say may have been recorded as the grey on the DVLA paper work

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi,

Persian Blue is slightly greenish/greyish colour as compared to the more common Florentine Blue. My Elf was originaly also recorded as Persian Blue, soo I have made a sample of that colour, but finaly went for Florentine Blue.

BTW dont take Heritage too seriously. I had an ultra original MkI Woody Countryman, which stood for 32 years and only had 36K on the clock. It had ist original factory paintjob for sure. According to the Her. Cert. it needed to be Almond Green, but it was actualy Tartan Red. Or a very badly faded almond green looks actualy red Very Happy ?

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:06 am

Laughing who knows - with those old painters anything's possible!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Combrew Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

thanks very much for your reassurance i think im going to go with a respray of the Fawn Brown

perhaps i can persude the Hertitage certificate people to ammend the Certificate to read Persian Blue which looks Grey but eventually fades to Brown after 40 years !!!

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Combrew Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 pm

finally i got around to dropping in a letter with photos to the first and second owners addresses which were 10 miles away from me and immediately within in half an hour of getting back had a phone call from the widow of the first owner who remembers going to look with her husband at a second hand car in the Garage but falling on love with the new Riley Elf and buying that instead she and her husband used it a lot for picnics and to visit local beauty spots .She says they only sold it inorder to buy thier Nephews car who was selling it to raise a deposit to buy his first house .I asked her what colour it was when they bought it and she very firmly said Yukon Grey

Later in the week the second owner sent a not back to say i had dropped the letter around just in time as she was moving that weekend and when she got settled would write again possibly with some photos she said she too only sold it to raise some money and was very pleased to hear that the car was still going as she remembers it very fondly

So who ever did the respray to Brown did a fantastic job but im now planning to go with the Yukon Grey as i promised i would to the lady who at 83 was thrilled to hear that her husbands pride and joy was still on the road

PS Im planning to keep the car as original as possible and would be thrilled to hear if anyone has any Mark 3 front seats /covers available ??????? in Cardinal Red --ones with the narrow central panels

Last edited by Combrew on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

A nice tale and a nice ending , especially for the old lady. I assume you will take it to show her when you have finished restoring it?
I can't do that,the original owner of mine died in 1968. I can't even take the car back to the garage where it was sold as that is under a roundabout in Tesco's carpark in Taunton!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Combrew Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 pm

i did offer to take the car around to show her but she said she would rather not see it sadly her husband died only 5 years ago .
im hoping the second owner when she moves doesnt loose my address and sends on the promised photos that would be good

The Garage too like yours is now under part of a bypass but at a sister Garage the son of the ownerand at the time and who was part of the Sales Team sent me a photo of the garage in the 50/60's

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 am

we like nice tales like this - good one and good luck with the re-paint Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down