Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidelight gaskets

3 posters

Go down

Sidelight gaskets Empty Sidelight gaskets

Post  tabitha Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi
Does anyone know if there is meant to be a gasket between the main sidelight/grille assembly and the bodywork?
Oh yeah its a 1968 Mk3 Elf!!
If there is, anyone know a part number or stockist?
If not does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the sidelight/grille assembly from hitting the bodywork?
Cheers
Rich
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Sidelight gaskets Empty Grill

Post  DyNoRod Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 am

Nope! No gasket is fitting, the chrome goes against the body! I didnt like that mcuh either but I couldnt come up with a colution that didn't look rubbish! The main thing I did consider was using some of the 'u' shaped rubber edging stuff which lots of places sell.
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Sidelight gaskets Empty Re: Sidelight gaskets

Post  tabitha Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 am

DyNoRod wrote:Nope! No gasket is fitting, the chrome goes against the body! I didnt like that mcuh either but I couldnt come up with a colution that didn't look rubbish! The main thing I did consider was using some of the 'u' shaped rubber edging stuff which lots of places sell.
That's a very good idea! Especially as the sidelight units aren't a perfect fit to the front panel!!
I'll be trying to find some 'u' shaped stuff locally so I can get on with fitting them straight away!
Cheers
Rich!
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post  paulsminis Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Another idea: instead of rubber trim like one would use on over-riders, what about using the small plastic chrome U-trim like goes around the edges of Mk II Mini grill surrounds? That material should be available from folks like Woolies...

Paul
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  tabitha Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 pm

paulsminis wrote:Another idea: instead of rubber trim like one would use on over-riders, what about using the small plastic chrome U-trim like goes around the edges of Mk II Mini grill surrounds? That material should be available from folks like Woolies...

Paul

Thanks! That's also a very good idea - just sent for a catalogue from Woolies!
If anyone else is interested I've just found Phoenix Supplies who do Elf/Hornet boot/bonnet seals, & general body seals for Minis, vans etc.
Cheers
Rich
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down