Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Wheel Recover

3 posters

Go down

Steering Wheel Recover Empty Steering Wheel Recover

Post  evlin64 Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 pm

The joys of ebay!!
Bought a steering wheel from a Riley Kestrel which was advertised as " great good " very Good" "Excellent" “Wow” sure you get the picture.
I was in the front garden when it was delivered talking to a guy from up the street now retired ex BMC, British Leyland workshop manager who restores classic motor bikes from the 70’s & 80’s telling him about it you can imagine my face when I open the box and it is a Pile of Poo I was looking at one at an auto jumble for £25 that was as good may be even slightly better.

As I like this style of wheel I was thinking of persevering and trying to polish scratches out and have the leather recovered, after my little rant any one had a steering wheel recovered ??

PS looks like there is white paint on the riley badge and centre cap

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel Recover Empty Re: Steering Wheel Recover

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Buyer beware! Try giving a bad feedback and you will probably get a worse one in return! Shocked
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel Recover Empty Wheel

Post  DyNoRod Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:05 am

That company in Kent is the only one I know of, and they charge around £120 for a normal Hornet wheel, so doing the leather could add more!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel Recover Empty Re: Steering Wheel Recover

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down