Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet

2 posters

Go down

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet Empty Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet

Post  Jerry&Naomi Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:07 pm

we've had the rear seat belts fitted in Ruby now. Done by expert Hot Rod builder at Gas Valley Speed Shop in Newbury. The normal way of mounting would entail modifying the fuel tank and all sorts of other drawbacks - However this innovative idea previously worked well in a Model A Ford that Jimmy built.

basically, the belts come up from the centre of the back seat and click in at the sides rather than the other way round. Inside of the boot and parcelshelf has been strengthened accordingly. it all works really well and smooth running. Very Happy

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet Boot

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet Backseat
Jerry&Naomi
Jerry&Naomi

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet Empty Re: Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Looks a good idea but where is the stalk bolted to on tank side?
(and the offside too for that matter?)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet Empty Re: Rear seat belts in 'Ruby' - our 67 Hornet

Post  Jerry&Naomi Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm

TONYELF wrote:Looks a good idea but where is the stalk bolted to on tank side?
(and the offside too for that matter?)

I'll try to pull out the back seat over the next couple of days and take a photo of how that is attached too. I don't use the car that often as it is mainly the local runabout and not a daily commuter. In other words my wife has Ruby most fo the time.

Jerry&Naomi
Jerry&Naomi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down