Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip

3 posters

Go down

Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip Empty Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip

Post  bmcelf Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I need to replace the window frame seals on my Elf III. Lower finisher with rubber weatherstrip (Part CZH-1666) and upper finisher with fuzzy seal (Part ALA-5814). Are these available at all and if not can the seals be made? How do you keep the water out of the door?
bmcelf
bmcelf

Back to top Go down

Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip Empty Re: Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip

Post  TONYELF Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:32 pm

As far as I am aware yes they are availble. We can get them from minispares.com and I understand you can get them on your side of the pond from one of your mini parts suppliers (the name of which I just forget for the moment but will get back to you when I find it!)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip Empty Re: Window frame finisher and Weatherstrip

Post  Red Riley Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Tony, do the later Mini ones fit? I seem to remember someone telling me once that the Elf ones were a bit different, or needed some fettling to make them work. If so, 7 Enterprises carries them link
as does Mini Mania link
But from the looks of the prices, I'd probably buy them from Somerford or another UK supplier. Even with the overseas shipping, you'd probably come out cheaper, if you don't mind waiting an extra day or two. It's definitely worth comparing prices.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm pretty sure the cooper strips fit. But now you have put some doubt in my mind!
www.minimania.com was the company I was thinking of.
Somerford minis have a very good catalogur and breakdown of parts for minis right through all the ranges.The parts nos can be checked against each model to see if the same. As for postage you are the expert for that as we don't buy from the USA (Well I don't buy anything other than my Dooderware t shirt!)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:44 pm

bmcelf wrote:I need to replace the window frame seals on my Elf III. Lower finisher with rubber weatherstrip (Part CZH-1666) and upper finisher with fuzzy seal (Part ALA-5814). Are these available at all and if not can the seals be made? How do you keep the water out of the door?

Just thought I'd toss this out as a bit of info. I've got the original parts books on CD that I bought at Heritage Motor Centre. I find a lot of different sources for parts just by doing a Google search with the original BMC part number. I've found parts this way from a range of suppliers. Just recently I tried to find a spring cup for the bonnet lock pin. Of course, all of the Mini suppliers say that they have been out of production for years and aren't available. I did a Google search for the part number, ADA458. I found a number of suppliers and ended up buying several from Brown & Gammons Ltd, an MGA supplier.
So the point is, to be creative with how you look for parts. BMC certainly was creative when putting parts together on our cars!
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 pm

I too couldn't let the matter go. I have searched the two above cat Nos chz1666 is available from minispares.com £14.94 incl vat. (but not ala5814 which is available from Somerford mini ! )czh1666 is not available from Somerford.
Neither are available from Minimania although minimania give alternatives.
Alternatively you coulds enquire of Phoenix Supplies.
www.phoenixminitrim.com.
email phoenixsupplies@hotmail.com
Nigel has a large selection of rubber trims.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum