Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know of this Elf???

2 posters

Go down

Anyone know of this Elf??? Empty Anyone know of this Elf???

Post  drburr47 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:21 am

Hi all!

I'm Peter Burr, a newbie in Tennessee (see my intro post), considering an Elf MkIII for sale on Ebay (item #270440127608) for the last few cycles in Colorado, with VIN# RA2S31186514, represented as being from New Zealand. I had an Elf MkII as a youngster and the mojo of memory is strong. I'm hoping that someone here will know of this car and can tell me something about it. The information on the Ebay ad is almost entirely pasted in from the standard Elf sites about the history and specs of the "generic" Elf. The photos seem to show a rather nice example...

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Peter

PS: Hi J.R.! As you can see I haven't given up! Thanks for directing me here...

Last edited by drburr47 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)
drburr47
drburr47

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of this Elf??? Empty Re: Anyone know of this Elf???

Post  Red Riley Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:01 am

It does look like a nice car, if you can justify the asking price. Seems like these things just keep getting more and more expensive. I would talk to the seller and ask for pictures of the floors with the carpet pulled up, the boot floor under the spare tire, and underside of the car, especially the sub frames and sub frame mounting points. New Zealand cars always get advertised as rust-free, but I've seen some come from there that were anything but. The seller is calling it a "survivor", but it's obviously had some modifications done. The interior is not the original, although it looks like a decent re-upholstery job if you're into the blue velour thing. The dash has been redone and the steering wheel is obviously not original, but I suppose it depends on your tastes and whether you're concerned with originality. (Some of us are, and some aren't. Rolling Eyes ) I'm not too crazy about the cabinet door looking panel on the left dash, and I think the roof flag is a bit much, but if those were the only things, I guess that wouldn't be too bad. I don't suppose you could go out to Colorado and look at it. Good luck.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of this Elf??? Empty Thanks!

Post  drburr47 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:15 am

Domo Origato, Riley-San!

I've asked him for more pictures, esp of the undercarriage. You are right...it would be hard for me to get out to Denver to look at it, but perhaps I could make an agreement that I could inspect it before finalization and only forfeit a relatively small amount if it seemed not as I'd expected.

Peter
drburr47
drburr47

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of this Elf??? Empty Re: Anyone know of this Elf???

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum