Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DISTRIBUTOR QUANDARY

2 posters

Go down

DISTRIBUTOR QUANDARY Empty DISTRIBUTOR QUANDARY

Post  CHARLIE CLARKE Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 pm

I purchased my Riley Elf Mk 2 in 2002. It has done 76000 on original engine. It has been used every one if its 50 years. To celebrate its golden anniversary I decided to have the bodywork restored and resprayed. Since that was completed I have had electrical problems all season. I have had numerous points, condensers and rota arms. I think the problem is solved and it runs well for several miles and then it starts to falter again. It did completely stop on one occasion but generally it lust kangaroos and runs very badly.I have been recommended to the Distributor Doctor but he wants over £200 to refurbish my distributor. The other alternative is to have electronic ignition but will this solve all my problems. If I am going to throw a large sum of money at it I want it to solve the problem for good. What advise do my fellow Elf/Hornet owners give me. Help!

CHARLIE CLARKE

Back to top Go down

DISTRIBUTOR QUANDARY Empty Re: DISTRIBUTOR QUANDARY

Post  Bracpan Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

You can have a new Distributor from Mini Spares for less than £50, have you got new leads and coil ? if you got everything new it would still be less than the £200 Distributor Doctor wants...
Bracpan
Bracpan

Back to top Go down