Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken

2 posters

Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken

Post  Mik Chinery Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:48 am

I have an excellent Wolesley Hornet on an "F" plate its only done 87000 miles genuine. Transmission and engine excellent. It has been stored under dust sheets in a heated garage for the last five years. I took it for its MOT (It had only done 7 miles since the last one).  On the way the front offised hydrolastic unit developed a leak and the suspension went down.  I know its not difficult to fix but where do I get another Hydrolastic Unit?

When fixed with the MOT the car is probably worth £3500/£4000. So what can I do now?  Do I sell it as is?  Or does anyone know where I can get a unit?  Mik      Mobile 07745 936 235

Mik Chinery

Back to top Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Re: Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken

Post  Red Riley Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Where is the leak? Usually the hoses go bad, not the hydro unit itself. The hoses can be replaced. Do a search online and you will find instructions on how to replace them, or find someone who does.

Ah, here you go. There is someone on Ebay who does the service on a send-return basis. Seems very reasonably priced.
LINK

Last edited by Red Riley on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ah-Ha!)
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Hornet with one hydolastic unit failed, what is sale value as is?

Post  Mik Chinery Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:09 pm

I have an excellent Hornet on an "F" plate which has been stored for five yearts in a heated workshop under dust sheets. On its way to the MOT station the front offside hydrolastic unit failed. Its perished. THe car is in excellent condition, only 87000 miles genuine. Engine and transmission are all 100%

I cant find a replavement unit so I want to sell it as is. What is it worth?

Mik

Mik Chinery

Back to top Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Hornet with one hydolastic unit failed, what is sale value as is?

Post  Mik Chinery Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:10 pm

I have an excellent Hornet on an "F" plate which has been stored for five yearts in a heated workshop under dust sheets. On its way to the MOT station the front offside hydrolastic unit failed. Its perished.  The car is in excellent condition, only 87000 miles genuine.  Engine and transmission are all 100%

I cant find a replacement unit so I want to sell it as is. What is it worth?

Mik

Mik Chinery

Back to top Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Re: Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken

Post  Red Riley Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:41 pm

So, I guess you aren't interested in fixing it?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet with one Hydrolastic unit broken Empty Hornet with one hydrolastic unit broken.

Post  Mik Chinery Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 am

I wouls sell it now as it is but I am not giving it away. I have a time problem because I am busy working abroad so it needs to move on. Call me if you are interested. 07745 936 235 Mik

Mik Chinery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down