Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Binky

4 posters

Go down

Project Binky Empty Project Binky

Post  elfsave Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:49 am

Does anyone watch these guys on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s. This is serious modification and the skills and time they have is unbelievable.I have just caught up with episode 10 and 11, Brilliant!
Take a look and if the link does not work just stick project binky in your google search.

elfsave

Back to top Go down

Project Binky Empty Re: Project Binky

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 am

Yes. They are brilliant! I can't wait to see the finished car. They are planning the unveiling at Goodwood in June.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Amazing work and really good engineering will be very interesting to see how quick it is and what the power to weight ratio will be.
Bracpan
Bracpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:41 am

Very inspiring work! And fun to watch.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Project Binky Empty Project Blinky

Post  Bryanthemercman Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have only watched one episode of these guys and found it very interesting however it seems that money is no object with all those changes to the wipers and the additional wiring needed you would need somewhere to hide at lot. As an auto electrician myself I am developing a modular wiring loom for my Elf project which gives full fuse protection and uses relays to switch consumers such as the fuel pump and lights keeping heavy current away from the operating switches. There system using a Peugeot wiper motor is all very well but the wiring modifications would be to complex for most amateurs restoring there beloved cars.
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Well, yes. But obviously these fellows are not amateurs, not would anyone attempt doing what they are doing on a limited budget, or without having some first rate fabrication skills. They are not doing a restoration. They are building a vehicle from ground up. These are certainly not DIY training videos for the average backyard mechanic. Watch the rest of the episodes from the beginning, you'll see what they are about.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down