Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL

2 posters

Go down

LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL Empty LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL

Post  patanddavid2000 Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Does anyone know the correct way to attach the light cable to the Wolseley logo on the front grill? This, at present runs under the bonnet on my Hornet and is simply attached by using 1 cable tie. Is this right?

patanddavid2000

http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL Empty Re: LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL

Post  boris710 Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:52 pm

I have an Elf which does'nt have an illuminated grill badge but I would think that the Wolesley Badge is supplied from the 'sidelight' 12v + supply at the fusebox and then 'earthed' through the bonnet to complete the elerctrical circuit.

So long as the under bonnet cable is atached securely under the bonnet there should be no problems but pay particular attention to where the cable passes along the bonnet hinge as this is where the supply cable needs to be flexible and not trapped in any way which may cause a short circuit or a blown fuse. A male/female spade connector close to the bonnet hinge will allow easy dissconnection if or when the bonnet has to be removed for better engine bay access.

Hope this helps a little ?

boris
boris710
boris710

Back to top Go down

LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL Empty Re: LIGHT CABLE FOR WOLSELEY LOGO FRONT GRILL

Post  patanddavid2000 Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:53 pm

boris710 wrote:I have an Elf which does'nt have an illuminated grill badge but I would think that the Wolesley Badge is supplied from the 'sidelight' 12v + supply at the fusebox and then 'earthed' through the bonnet to complete the elerctrical circuit.

So long as the under bonnet cable is atached securely under the bonnet there should be no problems but pay particular attention to where the cable passes along the bonnet hinge as this is where the supply cable needs to be flexible and not trapped in any way which may cause a short circuit or a blown fuse.  A male/female spade connector close to the bonnet hinge will allow easy dissconnection if or when the bonnet has to be removed for better engine bay access.

Hope this helps a little ?

boris

Thank you again for your advice. It's great to have someone to help us sort out our problems.

Patricia

patanddavid2000

http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down