Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1966 Riley Elf

2 posters

Go down

1966 Riley Elf Empty 1966 Riley Elf

Post  Bryanthemercman Sun May 24, 2015 2:59 pm

This is the start of my journey to restore a 1966 Riley Elf I am collecting on Thursday 29th May from its present owner. The car has been off the road for about 18 months due to no oil pressure. The bodywork looks good and it has been fitted with Mini Cooper rims. There has been some welding carried out on the nearside but I will be replacing the floor panel(s) to return it to original. I am debating at the moment to strip back to a shell and get the shell soda blasted and new metal where required. And rust proof treated etc.
My colleague will advise me on the engine condition and other issues like the interior re-furbish and I am bidding on a replacement wood veneer dash this evening. The other items I have noticed are bonnet pull cable snapped, odometer not working, non standard horn. The car has seat covers so I don't know what condition the seats are in. The rear quarter trims will need replacing and possibly the door cards. Bodywise it looks like the front wings and A panels have been renewed and there is some bubbling on the bonnet. It retains its original raised letter number plates and all the chrome is in good condition. I want to carry out some modern updates like upgraded headlamps, alternator and electronic ignition and possibly a heated rear window, rear fog light and period radio /cassette.
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

1966 Riley Elf Empty Re: 1966 Riley Elf

Post  boris710 Sun May 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Cool Cool Cool

Sounds like you have a very interesting and enjoyable time ahead of you.
If I can be of any help, dont be afraid to ask.

bounce scratch lol!
boris710
boris710

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum