Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishlow Plates

3 posters

Go down

Fishlow Plates Empty Fishlow Plates

Post  Glenn2460 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 am

Hi there,

My apologies for asking this but I did do a search but couldnt find anything, I was reading something online about indentification plates and this Fishlow plate...

Please excuse my infancy in all things elf related...

On my MkIII '68 elf, she has a plate on the offside inner wing with a red commission number plate, she has what I believe is a body number on the slam panel of the bonnet. with the letter L and five digits after. I also have a black rectangle with round edges plate on the radiator cowlwing with Riley Motors Ltd. Abingdon on Thames etc with a number beginning with RA and by that plate on the top of the nearside wing another number begining with FF I think...

Would these plates be right for my car or should I have a fishlow one also.

Thanks, Glenn.

Glenn2460

Back to top Go down

Fishlow Plates Empty Re: Fishlow Plates

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:38 pm

should be located in the engine bay on the offside inner wing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  1071kev Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Pretty sure the Fishlow plates stopped when the Commission plates started. My pal's 67 Elf (Original and unrestored) only has a Fishlow plate but my 68 and 69 cars have only commission plates. Suspect the change might have been when the MK3 went from Series 1 to Series 2 ie when the cars were fitted with the combined indicator/dipswitch/horn on stalk. Anyone got thoughts on this?

1071kev

Back to top Go down

Post  1071kev Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 pm

I did a bit of research last night and found that Fishlow Body number plates were fitted to the inner wing up to FR 24240 and FW 47340. After this point a body number is welded to the front panel slam panel. This change point for mark 3 cars coincides with the start of the fitting of the padded bottom dash rail and most of the other changes from Series one to Series two versions. There may be some cars which were built during the transition period which have a mixture of both Series. Hope this helps clarify whether or not your car has a Fishlow Plate.

Kev

1071kev

Back to top Go down

Fishlow Plates Empty Re: Fishlow Plates

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down