Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

3 posters

Go down

Happy St Patrick's Day! Empty Happy St Patrick's Day!

Post  Coco_ChanElf Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Dunboyne had its first ever St Patrick's Day parade today and it ws deadly! My daughter's Montessori were in the parade so I had to accompany her but Dunboyne Motor Club were also in the parade so maybe next year we'll let Coco do the route! Smile

Hope you all had a great weekend whatever you did.

Slainte!
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Happy St Patrick's Day! Empty Re: Happy St Patrick's Day!

Post  asahartz Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Cheers to you too! For the first time in years I forgot to buy some Guinness to toast St Patrick at home.

I'm not actually Irish, but those who have traced my family tree have suggested we could be of Irish descent - the line can be traced back to a family on the Welsh coast, opposite which is a geographical feature which shares our surname...
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Happy St Patrick's Day! Empty HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY :

Post  David2010 Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 pm

asahartz wrote:Cheers to you too! For the first time in years I forgot to buy some Guinness to toast St Patrick at home.

I'm not actually Irish, but those who have traced my family tree have suggested we could be of Irish descent - the line can be traced back to a family on the Welsh coast, opposite which is a geographical feature which shares our surname...

Do you have any definite links to the Emerald Isle ?
The Welsh Coast @ Holyhead is only 70 miles from Dun Laoghaire (near Dublin).
What's your surname ?
Am very curious !
David2010
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 am

Hmm, my memory's playing tricks, as it's actually on the opposite coast, but south-west of Killarney, the southernmost point of the peninsula to the east of Waterville... that's my name!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Happy St Patrick's Day! Empty HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY !

Post  David2010 Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm

asahartz wrote:Hmm, my memory's playing tricks, as it's actually on the opposite coast, but south-west of Killarney, the southernmost point of the peninsula to the east of Waterville... that's my name!

I've done my best to unravel your cryptic clues Ashartrz re your Co.Kerry connections.
Let's see now ; south-west of Killarney ok ; southermost point of the (Dingle) peninsula ok ; to the east of Waterville NOT ok ?:
You see immediately to the east of Waterville is Lough Currane a sizeable lake ! It's got 2 islands = Church Island & Rough Island ,
am I getting warm ?
David2010.
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Happy St Patrick's Day! Empty HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY !

Post  David2010 Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 pm

I've done my best to unravel your cryptic clues Ashartrz re your Co.Kerry connections.
Let's see now ; south-west of Killarney ok ; southermost point of the (Dingle) peninsula ok ; to the east of Waterville NOT ok ?:
You see immediately to the east of Waterville is Lough Currane a sizeable lake ! It's got 2 islands = Church Island & Rough Island ,
am I getting warm ?
David2010.

Another interpretation of your final clue = " the southernmost point of the peninsula east of Waterville "
That could be LAMB'S HEAD. Have I cracked it ?
David2010.
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 am

Did I say east? I meant west... oops! Which makes it due south of Portmagee too.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down