Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears?

+3
Alex
humph
Cupcake
7 posters

Go down

Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears? Empty Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears?

Post  Cupcake Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi all.
I'm looking to purchase some replacement overriders for my gorgeous girl, but have been alerted to the fact that there may be a difference between ones fitted at the front to the ones fitted to the rear.
Is this correct?
I desperately need a pair for the rear - What differences am I looking for to know which ones fit which end?
Thanks everyone!
Cupcake
Cupcake

Back to top Go down

Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears? Empty Re: Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears?

Post  humph Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Somerford Minis catalogue gives the same part number for both.Will struggle to compare mine as I have two on the rear bumper and a number of loose ones that are of unknown origin that havent yet been tried on the front bumper.

humph

Back to top Go down

Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears? Empty Re: Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears?

Post  Alex Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

I've always been of the belief that they are different, but can't remember what the difference is.
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

I managed to buy four of the last of the remanufactured overiders. They were all the same and seemed to fit ok.
The bumpers are of the same profile so should not be a problem.

BTW Alex it was nice to speak to you and Suzy on Sunday at Bingley. Very Happy
Humph. The same for you Very Happy

Somerford did advertise these over riders a while back, I wonder if they have any left?

Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am

I've just checked my (NOS) parts list and it appears that the overriders are the same front and rear.

That opens up a few possibilities as I have loads of fronts but no rears...
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 am

Alex wrote:I've just checked my (NOS) parts list and it appears that the overriders are the same front and rear.

That opens up a few possibilities as I have loads of fronts but no rears...
Wait, are you sure you haven't loads of rears and no fronts?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SAMK3 Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 am

Well if you have an overabundance of overriders, I'd be happy to take a few off your hands.
Mark
SAMK3
SAMK3

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 am

I "bought" a pair off a guy on the EH Fakebook page. Looks like I'm out that money, as it's been months and no overriders appearing. So I guess I'm looking for some more for my 'alf-an-Elf trailer.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bumper Overriders ... Is there a difference between fronts and rears? Empty Bumper Overriders :

Post  David2010 Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:25 am

Front and Rear are the same.
David2010

David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down