Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension

2 posters

Go down

Suspension Empty Suspension

Post  evmck Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Got the quote for the remainder of my restoration on Henry - now just need to set about sourcing some parts. Am going to change him to rubber cone suspension and am thinking of the Moulton Smootha Ride Suspension Kit. Has anyone else used this?
evmck
evmck

Back to top Go down

Suspension Empty Re: Suspension

Post  asahartz Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:23 am

An alternative you might consider is a coil spring conversion (not coilovers). I have fast road coils on my daily Mini and they're great (with GAZ adjustable dampers). A much smoother ride than standard cones, a bit harsher than hydro (hydro is great for a daily car though). With adjustable dampers you can get the ride you want; a couple of clicks tighter and it is good for chucking about. I leave mine in a compromise position as 50 miles a day can be a bit harsh on the back with sports suspension!

I got my coils from P&L as it's not far from me, but Minitastic coils are well recommended. Only slightly more expensive than a set of genuine cones, and less likely to collapse! 15000 miles on I'm still happy with them.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down