Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors

3 posters

Go down

MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors Empty MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors

Post  Tupers Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

So I recently got a MK3 Hornet ('68 to be precise) that'll eventually be building for the Swinging 60s series but for the moment I'm just collecting parts.

Now I only got one door with it and that's fairly roached so I've been trying to find another or look at other options. Now I'm sure I've heard of people converting normal MK3 door but haven't had a chance to compare my door to a regular one so I though I'd ask here to see what the experts think.

The beast in question.
MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors IMG_6401

Tupers

Back to top Go down

MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors Empty Re: MK3 Elf/Hornet Doors

Post  asahartz Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:29 am

Really difficult if you have nothing to use as a basis. The pillar shape is different.

I do have a spare Elf door that you are welcome to - it's pretty rough but could be saved with work. In fact if those are, as I suspect, Clubman wings inside the car and you don't need them, I could do a deal with you on those. Where are you? Edit: bugger, I've just clocked the username and realised I know you from TMF - I'm Holly's dad as in the Stitch resto! Which means you're in Devon, which is a loooonnnnggg way!

Unless you're going to Himley Hall perchance?
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tupers Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 am

Sadly no Himley Hall for me this year and a certain amount of the front end may be getting use on a customers estate although I'm not sure yet. Wink

I'll pop down to the work shop tomorrow and drag a standard door out to try one the Hornet. I'm fairly relaxed about fabricating stuff, God knows I've done enough on the estate.

Tupers

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I think I've got about 4 sets of Mk3 doors at the moment, just need to find them amongst all the other treasure..
Most are scabby and needing a rebuild, but I'll try and dig a pair out and post some photos.
Email me as a reminder if I forget !
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down