Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riley Elf badges and chrome parts

3 posters

Go down

Riley Elf badges and chrome parts Empty Riley Elf badges and chrome parts

Post  bmc1275 Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi, I am lookg for good Riley Elf blue diamond badge for front and rear, and chrome strip which runs across the bonnet (I know there is a repro but I will try my luck finding NOS).
Does anyone can help? Thank you.
bmc1275
bmc1275

Back to top Go down

Riley Elf badges and chrome parts Empty Chrome work and Riley Diamond badges

Post  Elf Service Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:35 am

bmc1275 wrote:Hi, I am lookg for good Riley Elf blue diamond badge for front and rear, and chrome strip which runs across the bonnet (I know there is a repro but I will try my luck finding NOS).
Does anyone can help? Thank you.

I have managed to get access to new repro Bonnet Spears and these are better than the originals. They have improved fixing screws which won't break off as per the originals. Check out "Red Riley's" comments.
Re the badges, good front ones are very difficult to find and although the boot badges don't suffer from stone chips, the chrome often becomes crazed. Best bet is to recondition your originals. Mk1, 2 and 3 up to 1968 were stove enameled where as the later mark 3's were painted. If you manage to find original earlier badges say on eBay, I have see these go for more than the cost of reconditioning, £60.00+

I'm waiting for the next batch of bonnet spears for other register members so if you are interested, let me know and I will keep one back for you. Cost is £50.00 + packing and postage.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Riley Elf badges and chrome parts Empty Re: Riley Elf badges and chrome parts

Post  TONYELF Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:23 am

I searched for three years for a decent Front Badge unsuccesfully. most I came across had chips in the enamel.I removed all my enamel and painted it with Humbrol model enamel paint. it was the nearest match I could find) As for the bonnet spear I have puchased a new one like Elf service is offering. They are well worth the money. Don't you think so?
Riley Elf badges and chrome parts PA050118
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Riley Elf badges and chrome parts Empty Re: Riley Elf badges and chrome parts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum