Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret agents on the forum?

3 posters

Go down

Secret agents on the forum? Empty Secret agents on the forum?

Post  Red Riley Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:49 am

Just pondering what seems odd to me… Is there a reason people registered on the forum don't fill out their profile information? Is your location to remain a heavily guarded secret due to fear that someone will find you out? Are you under-age or gender confused? Afraid we'll start popping over at all hours for a cold one? Are you under witness protection or house arrest? Do you just want to retain an aura of mystery? Or do you just not know that you can give everyone a clue as to whether you're down the street or a continent or oceans away? Just wondering…
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Secret agents on the forum? Empty Re: Secret agents on the forum?

Post  TONYELF Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:55 pm

We get 'em on other forums Brian, Just inquisitive I think as it's so easy on this forum to join and a bit difficult on on others. Maybe ?

Last edited by TONYELF on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono_h Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm always wary about how much info I give away you never know who's going to want to find you.

As an example I was at the wrong end of an iPhone scam, having paid up but never receiving the phone. From the guy's username I managed to get his real e-mail, address and phone number, wifes name, childs name and birthday, mums name and address and his father-in-laws name and address. Eventually I got my money back.

Now I'm not planning on turning to a life of crime, but the idea that someone could build up a pretty comprehensive amount of information on me without much effort makes me think that I'll stay incognito for a bit longer!

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum