Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

riley and wolseley

5 posters

Go down

riley and wolseley Empty riley and wolseley

Post  lester Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 am

riley and wolseley Eebay005 riley and wolseley Eebay004

just a quick note after searching for a shell for my wolseley after the b****rd who sold it me scrapped it i managed to obtain a riley elf! great and then a shell turns up for my wolseley remains, am i lucky or what? pics of the riley are on wolseley will follow in a couple of days.

cheers lester afro

lester

Back to top Go down

riley and wolseley Empty Wolseley Hornet shell anyone ?

Post  David2010 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Following Lester's lucky find....I can report a Mk.2 Hornet shell (complete save for engine & gearbox).
This is an Irish assembled car and is currently "resting" in a field in County Dublin (ROI) in company with an estimed 60 to 70
other "abandoned/unwanted" cars - mostly from the 60s and 70s. This red/white Hornet's only other Mini accomplice is a very
seriously decaying 1960s Mini 850. The Hornet is minus one wheel - probably scavenged - but is otherwise whole.
David 2010.

David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

riley and wolseley Empty Re: riley and wolseley

Post  lester Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 pm

riley and wolseley Hornet008
riley and wolseley Hornet007

as promised the hornet shell just picked it up well chuffed much better than i thought all i need to do is mot it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody got any bonnet hinges going spare?

cheers lester

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am

Is that the shell that was on ebay, in Cheshire? Glad it's gone to a good home.

humph

Back to top Go down

riley and wolseley Empty shell

Post  lester Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:44 am

yes it is the guy that bought it wanted a mark 2 so if anyone has one going spare let me know.

cheers lester Cool

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 am

lester wrote:riley and wolseley Hornet008
riley and wolseley Hornet007

as promised the hornet shell just picked it up well chuffed much better than i thought all i need to do is mot it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody got any bonnet hinges going spare?

cheers lester

I've MOT'd worse!! Very Happy

best of luck with it all though
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

riley and wolseley Empty hinges

Post  lester Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:14 am

just had the bonnet hinges arrive so the hornet shell is the first one on the spit! Got a job lot of panels from a factors that said they couldn't sell em so i made an offer they couldn't refuse!.I have a complete s/h floor that is perfect and shall be putting that in it as i will be going rod change rather than remote. The doors i can't make my mind up whether to modify the shell or the door. My mate modified mini doors for his but he had all the latches etc. I haven't got those so it might be easier to modify the b post and use conventional mini latches and strikers, has anyone done either method. I have an early MG metro unit to go in and a set of 10" ro'styles so it should look retro. My mates Riley is black all over so i think the Wolseley will have to match, just a single colour and lots of chrome luvly jubly eh. Will be putting lots of pics up when i start so keep an eye out, if anyone has a mk3 hornet steering wheel centre spare can you let me know.

cheers for now lester Cool

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  hilbert Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 pm

hi lester

is it not easyer to look for a set mk3 doors
i have one for you have to look if is left ore right
and have a complete set in a riley elf 1968 that is for sale ( swap for your moke???)

greats hilbert
ps still waithing for the pics of your moke for sale

hilbert

Back to top Go down

riley and wolseley Empty wolseley shell

Post  lester Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:39 am

just found the pics lol the red shell is one i will be doing, just finishing putting wheels on the spit so i can move it around, this project got off to a bad start but everything seems to be clicking into place, can't wait to get into it, as i said in my other post i can't believe how easy it is to modify the doors which was my big stumbling block i wish i had looked at them a lot earlier. Any way it should be on the spit by the end of the week.

cheers lester Cool 

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down