Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf

5 posters

Go down

hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf Empty hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf

Post  christinejanz Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi all I'm Christine I live in norfolk with my husband jonathan and son Riley who is 2 we are expecting our 2nd boy in 3wks need help with names though. I own a 1967 riley elf mk3 i bought it last year for £250 as just a shell no engine. we are hoping to have her on the road early next year. we have always owned minis since passing our driving test and love them they are so fun to drive. I cant wait to be able to drive my elf.. my husband is going to do most of the work to get her on the road. There is not really too much to do on her considering she been off road since 1998. she needs 2new wings, front panel, a panels. and the roof needs replacing too because the last owner used the roof for storing things and it has loads of dents. The only work my husband isnt going to do is the recovering of the full interior which i am still looking round for quotes. (if anyone knows of good places to look in norfolk please let me know) also the paint job we are going to get done by someone professional and again we are still looking round for price for that too. (again any ideas would be great.) At the moment she is a dark blue with white roof but we have noticed that it has been resprayed at some point and we think she was originally florentine blue so thats the colour i am going for. so thats all bout my elf at the mo just cant wait to drive her..

christinejanz

Back to top Go down

hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf Empty Re: hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

welcome and good luck with the car - it would have indeed been florentine blue (code BU7) with old english white roof (code WT3)
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf Empty Re: hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf

Post  RileyUSMan Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I love to hear when fellow owners take Elfs that where just sitting in a garage somewhere and get them back on the road!!!!!!
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Welcome from a Florentine Blue/OEW Elf owner! I renewed my interior for around £500 from Newton commercial with the exception of the seats (approx £1600, FULLY restored !) Good luck with yours. Any photos yet?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

hi all heres just a little bout me and my elf Empty thanks everyone

Post  christinejanz Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

thanks everyone for the welcome. i will get round to getting some photos put on here.. thanks for the paint codes.. I will try newton commercial. will try and keep you all undated as work is done on my elf. there may be a gap as baby due in less than 3 weeks.

christinejanz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Welcome to our elite little club! Smile
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down