Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1966 Hornet in Canada

3 posters

Go down

1966 Hornet in Canada Empty 1966 Hornet in Canada

Post  flat broke Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:03 am

Ok, so you can tell I am the new guy by the number of posts this week. Very Happy

I have a 66 Hornet that has been in my wife's family since new. Bought from Windsors in Wallasey, Merseyside and serviced there until 97. Nice original car. 35K miles. Usual rust, bumps and scrapes.

I brought it to Canada when we moved back in 98. Young family, new job, all the usual excuses for not getting it on the road before this year.

Well my son will be 16 at the end of the month and he has been the driving force behind finishing this project.

Roll on summer!

Tony

flat broke

Back to top Go down

1966 Hornet in Canada Empty Re: 1966 Hornet in Canada

Post  TONYELF Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Welcome to our little forum Tony, (nice to have another Tony on line!) I new Windsors very very having lived on the Wirral and now Chester for nigh on 61 years!
Be interesting to see tour photos of the project in the project section soon Very Happy

TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

1966 Hornet in Canada Empty Thanks

Post  flat broke Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm

You may have seen my wife's Gran zipping around in her (red with white roof) Hornet over the years. Windsors were very good to her. To park the Wolseley in her garage, she had to make it up the drive (common with next door), between the two houses, then jog right through a 45 degree wooden gate, into her own garage at the back of the property.

Well, she never quite got the hang of the last bit and would get the car hung up on the the angled gate. A call to Windsors and they would send a couple of the shop guys over (no tow truck would get in there) to lift the car free of the gate post. I am sure she became quite well known to staff. Rolling Eyes

Tony

Last edited by flat broke on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

flat broke

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Sorry but no,unfortunately I did not witness that. What shame, I like a good laugh! Very Happy
An advert dor that car would be a scream, "One not so careful lady owner, ownly pranged three or four times" Razz Razz tongue
Oh Elfgirl please don't jump on me for this one!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 pm

TONYELF wrote:
Oh Elfgirl please don't jump on me for this one!

As if Shocked

Welcome to the forum Tony!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down