Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey all :)

2 posters

Go down

hey all :) Empty hey all :)

Post  brooks Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:54 pm

hey matt i live in sunny old devon. and iv had my elf as a project scince the summer it is my first car and as i am turning 16 in 2 days i have a whole year to complete my elf. il put some pictuers up in the projects it to show you how iv been getting on this new site is so much better than the old one i hope people do talk to me on here as i like to here about other project or complete elfs. elfs are the best. Smile

brooks
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

hey all :) Empty Re: hey all :)

Post  elfgirl Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

HI and Welcome to the forum!

Happy 16th and good luck with your project - a perfect first car.

My first car was a 68 Elf, unfortunatley as a poor student wicth no mechanical knowledge I couldn't afford to keep her going despite the best efforts of myself, Haynes and all my mates - I sold her to my form tutor... Question years later and a crazy moment on ebay - I got bitten by the bug again - you're right Elfs are the best!!! (Oh OK, Hornets are bad either Smile )
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

hey all :) Empty HEY

Post  brooks Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:30 am

thanks Very Happy

hopfully il be able to afford to keep mine going i have a part time job and just put a lot of xmas money towards her Smile so i take it you have got another elf or hornet ? if so what condition is yours in hopfully its in better condition than mine Smile there amazing cars i think you cant beat an old classic
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm now on my third elf- all damask red!

This one, Katy, is in pretty good condition. She was restored by her provious owner about 5 years ago. The bodywork is sound. The engine, is a bit of a dogs dinner!! (discoman will agree!) It's been replaced with a lump of an automatic - very slow and heavy and not good on hills. But to give her credit, she's my only car and a daily driver and is very reliable.

Here she is at Southern Mini Days

hey all :) SMD08023
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

hey all :) Empty .

Post  brooks Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:47 pm

katy looks very and clean i really like the colour i love to have mine like that but i think im gunna stck to old engalish white. i hope mine is reliable as it will be my only car and i will be using her every day aperently the automatic gearboxes arnet the best of things im glad iv got a manual but if urs is reliable thats all that matters i would love to take mine to shows wen shes done. Smile
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum