Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An optomistic introduction from the frozen north

5 posters

Go down

An optomistic introduction from the frozen north Empty An optomistic introduction from the frozen north

Post  The Adder Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 am

Hi there folks Very Happy

Where to start, I'm a lifelong enthusiast of all things BMC with a particular interest in all things Mini derived. I have been the lucky owner of 7 Minis and Mini derivitives including an Innocenti and a couple of vans (Damn, should never have gotten rid of those, worth a bloody fortune now?!). I have also been involved in the restoration and modification of many more Mini derivitives including fitting a Cosworth BDA to a roundnose and the extensive restoration of a Radford Cooper.

Where I find myself today is rich in talent and experience, but sadly poor in the walet department Sad As part of my introduction here I want to express a plea to find an Elf/Hornet project at the lowest possible initial outlay, and make it clear that I would be grateful for anything as a start. You have my profound promise that any car finding it's way into my care WILL be restored to roadworthy condition and lovingly cherished.

Enough with the begging Wink Great forum and I look forward to gaining loads of new information and hope to be of help wherever I can. If anyone is anywhere near me (North Lancashire) and needs any practical help, then feel free to give me a shout. Also check out Fylde MiniClub on Facebook.

Good to be here.

The Adder.
The Adder
The Adder

Back to top Go down

An optomistic introduction from the frozen north Empty Re: An optomistic introduction from the frozen north

Post  TONYELF Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 am

Welcome, It's nice to "adder" you to our Forum!
Enjoy, and good luck with your search for an Elf or Hornet (there's always one or two on evil bay)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

An optomistic introduction from the frozen north Empty Re: An optomistic introduction from the frozen north

Post  discoman41 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:58 am

Welcome to our forum! Good luck with finding an Elf or Hornet Smile

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  The Adder Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 am

Cheers TonyElf and Jase Smile

Been looking through some of the threads on here and your names keep cropping up, in a good way Smile Nice to be welcomed to the forum by such well respected and established members.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been haunting fleabay, but sadly I really am even more skint than that :$ Not that it'll stop me looking Wink

Thanks again.

The Adder.

The Adder
The Adder

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 am

I think that's the first (and probably last) time that Tony and I have been referred to as well respected! What say ye Tony?

Very Happy

But thank you anyway!

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  The Adder Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 am

It don't worry me Jase, I'll shmooze anyone if it gets me closer to getting a car Wink

BTW, I was the guy with the long hair and the wierd beard who was chatting to you at Malvern on Sunday, putting in a similar request to the one posted here.

Thanks again.

The Adder.
The Adder
The Adder

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 am

discoman41 wrote:I think that's the first (and probably last) time that Tony and I have been referred to as well respected! What say ye Tony?

Very Happy

But thank you anyway!

Jase

I'm lost for words!
A compliment is always appreciated!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:28 am

The Adder wrote:It don't worry me Jase, I'll shmooze anyone if it gets me closer to getting a car Wink

BTW, I was the guy with the long hair and the wierd beard who was chatting to you at Malvern on Sunday, putting in a similar request to the one posted here.

Thanks again.

The Adder.

Ah yes! I thought I recognised the Avatar! Cool Very good likeness, but I didn't like to say! cheers

Was good to meet you, and I'm glad I was able to point you in the direction of this forum! Very Happy

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  mac Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, best wishes in your search.
John cheers
mac
mac

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:56 pm

I bought my 1275GT project from up near you, Minitechnique at Pilling. Last time I looked he was advertising an Elf project... worth a look?
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum