Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Elf front seats wanted

5 posters

Go down

Help Elf front seats wanted Empty Help Elf front seats wanted

Post  evlin64 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi All,

Ashley James Interiors have just informed me that my front seat are Mini seats with Elf covers over
Anyone have a pair of original Elf front seats for sale?

Thanks

Lindsay

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Help Elf front seats wanted Empty Re: Help Elf front seats wanted

Post  superworm Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:49 am

Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3 ???
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 am

I have one cardinal red Mk3 front seat and a back seat (bottom) available....

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  evlin64 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks for the replies,

Evlin is 1964 Mk11 Elf

No problem with coulor or condition as Ashkley james are recovering

Would have been nice if they would have let me know when I sent the seats about 6 weeks ago!!!

Cheers

Lindsay

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Post  cheleker Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:21 pm

I'd like to hear what the differences are between standard Mini saloon front seat frames and Elf/Hornet frames from the same period of time.

cheleker

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:02 pm

cheleker wrote:I'd like to hear what the differences are between standard Mini saloon front seat frames and Elf/Hornet frames from the same period of time.

Ashley James Interiors...??? Hmmm.... They "eventually" did a good job with my interior, but their customer service is poor and I got the feeling they know nothing about Mini interiors!

That said, I specifically ordered Mk2 Mini front seats to replace my Mk3 Elf seats. Mainly because I wanted recliners and headrests. However, my schoolboy errors was not accounting for the extra width because of the handles and knob mechanisms for the seats fouling the door pockets on the Elf. I had to swap the seats around (passenger to driver) and lose one of the door pockets to make them fit. The headrests are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard also!

Digressing slightly.... bog standard Mk1 Mini seat frames are the same as Elf/Hornet seat frames right through all 3 marks.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  evlin64 Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Jase,

thanks for the info

Acording to Ashley James Elf seats are 1 1/2" higher at the back that is why there covers do not fit??

Have asked them to send me picks, if they have not finished them in time fine as Evlin is still with South lakes Mini center 4 months is now 6 and I can not see completion this year and not really a problem as winter is hear and my Elf would be in the garage most of the time.
I have had enough of the pair of them at the moment customer care and comunication could be a lot better.

I am at the stage were I will most probaly be paying them a visit to see what is going on

cheers

Lindsay

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Jase quoted

"That said, I specifically ordered Mk2 Mini front seats to replace my Mk3 Elf seats. Mainly because I wanted recliners and headrests"

Now I'm really confused as I always thought the Mk3 seats were recliners with head rests not the Mk 2's?????
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 am

TONYELF wrote:Jase quoted

"That said, I specifically ordered Mk2 Mini front seats to replace my Mk3 Elf seats. Mainly because I wanted recliners and headrests"

Now I'm really confused as I always thought the Mk3 seats were recliners with head rests not the Mk 2's?????

Yes Tony you are right, what I should have said was that I specifically ordered the seats offered by Ashley James Interiors that were listed as Mk2 Mini seats (recliners and Headrests). Like I said, I am not convinced they really know that much about Mini Interiors. Shocked

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks for helping me doubt my insanity (BTW sanity does not run in my family..................it gallops!)

IT seems to me that Ashley james are jumping on the mini band wagon like many other companies because of their increasing popularity.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 am

Hi Lindsay

I have the original Mk2 Elf Seats from my "Elfie" which are not being used as I have Cobra Tilt-Recliners fitted...and they are likely to remain so!!!

The Mk2 Elf (not Mk2 mini) seats are the deep red colour to match the original "Damask Red" body paint. They are missing the crossmember hinge brackets as those have been fitted to my Cobra Sub-Frames. The vinyl seat backs are ripped/torn but, iirc, the leather parts are salvageable as I had seat covers on them for eons. They do not have any fittings for headrests and the seat backs do not swivel in relation to their bases.

They are currently up in't Loft so they'll stay there unless you let me know that your interested in them...if you are, I can post some piccies if you like.

Not too far away from Cumbria if you are to collect them...say £20 for the pair !

Cheers

Alan
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  evlin64 Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much

Ashley James are still giving me the run around, they said they had an Elf coming in today that may have suitable seats I am still waiting clafification!!
If your seats are Ok in your loft for now, I will let you know soonest I have a reply from Ashley James.

Much Appreciated

Lindsay

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Post  evlin64 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Alan,

If I could get the seats of you that would be great, will PM you with my contact details.

Took me four and half hours to get home last night when normally takes 45 mins to a hour, we had some really bad flooding by Duddon Bridge, my old Subaru was outstanding I did start to wonder if I had done the Wright thing when I went thru the last big flood by the Beach Hill Hotel at Bowness with car's e abandoned at the road side it did cough and splutter a bit but got me home, and there waiting for me were pics of my seats looking very good and I can se what they mean as the top of the seats are sagging slightly .will post pics tomorrow

Lindsay

evlin64

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Lindsay - here are Mk2 Elf Seat Piccies as promised ::

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat1

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat2

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat3

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat5

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat6

Help Elf front seats wanted ElfSeat7

Note that on the last 2 Piccies, the dimension from the bottom of the seat back to the top piping is 19" in Christian Units.

The Black Rubber seat bases are all shot but all the clips are present

Sorry I took my time but they were rather a long way to the back of my loft!!!!! took a while to spot them lol!

Sent a pm re collection

Cheers

Alan
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down