Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please

3 posters

Go down

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please Empty Door & Boot Lock set with keys please

Post  Cupcake Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi all.
I've discovered that all my Elf locks are different and I only have a key for the ignition and drivers door.
Has anyone got a Lock set with keys suitable for a MK3?
PM me with details.
Thanks
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake

Back to top Go down

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please Empty Re: Door & Boot Lock set with keys please

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:50 am

I still have a boot lock
https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/sales-f4/boot-lock-for-sale-t81.htm

I will sell for £20 including postage.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please Empty Locks

Post  DyNoRod Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 am

This can be a pain in the ass! If you strip out the handles and ignition barrel you will find codes inside all of them that will allow you to order keys (all FS type). On the handles the code is printed on the little clasp that holds the bar (not the actualy barrel).

If your willing to go one step further you can fully dismantle all the locks and take out the barrels (quite a pain espesh on the door handles as they tend to explode - however, simple enough, but take photos as you go so you can remember how they go back togather), you can then send all the barrels off to have the tumblers adjusted so everything works on one key - I used a company in Liverpool and paid around £20 - £25 - I will have to dig out their details.
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please Empty Keys

Post  DyNoRod Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 am

Found his details - this chap can adjust all the tumblers in your barrels so they work on one key - you just have to strip out all the barrels and send him the key you want them to work on.

JOHN RICHARD SECURITY PRODUCTS (WIRRAL) LIMITED 202A PENSBY ROAD HESWALL WIRRAL CH60 7RJ TEL 0151 342 2318 / 4074 FAX 0151 342 3273

grahamagould@btconnect.com

DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Door & Boot Lock set with keys please Empty Re: Door & Boot Lock set with keys please

Post  Cupcake Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm

TONYELF wrote:I still have a boot lock
https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/sales-f4/boot-lock-for-sale-t81.htm

I will sell for £20 including postage.

Thanks for the offer - I am going to try getting the code numbers off the locks to reorder the keys.
If this fails - I will be in touch!
Cupcake
Cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cupcake Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm

DyNoRod wrote:This can be a pain in the ass! If you strip out the handles and ignition barrel you will find codes inside all of them that will allow you to order keys (all FS type). On the handles the code is printed on the little clasp that holds the bar (not the actualy barrel).

If your willing to go one step further you can fully dismantle all the locks and take out the barrels (quite a pain espesh on the door handles as they tend to explode - however, simple enough, but take photos as you go so you can remember how they go back togather), you can then send all the barrels off to have the tumblers adjusted so everything works on one key - I used a company in Liverpool and paid around £20 - £25 - I will have to dig out their details.

Thanks - I have sent you a PM.
Cupcake
Cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum