Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elfie's moved!

2 posters

Go down

Elfie's moved! Empty Elfie's moved!

Post  asahartz Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Today I moved Elfie from her resting place. I looked at the tax disc and realised it was almost two years since we took her off the road for a new subby... And for at least a year she's been resting under a hawthorn hedge.

I connected a battery and what do you know - she starts at about the 4th attempt! Yay! Very Happy One of the rear brakes had stuck but that soon released as I manoevred her round - forgotten how bad the turning circle is compared with my later cars - and parked her in a more friendly position by the fence.

The hedge has not been kind; looks like my bonnet is toast now. Once the new garage is built Elfie will be one of it's first occupants!

Elfie's moved! IMAG1158
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Elfie's moved! Empty Re: Elfie's moved!

Post  TONYELF Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Great stuff Chris! My elf started on approx same no of turns after standing for 18 years! but until I cleared the treacle out of the fuel pipe and carb and tank!
Please keep us informed of progress with photos.
From the one photo it doen't look too bad and the camera doesn't lie Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:11 pm

We'll be going for a complete resto, probably even bare metal this time. When I first did it, it was my first restoration and I cut a few corners - like repairing the wing return section under the headlight instead of replacing the wing. And now it shows. A change of colour is on the cards too; we hated the original Fawn Brown (cold coffee!) and I only did it red because I had 3 litres on the shelf!

After some discussion at Crich and deliberation afterwards, I think I'll be going for something like Eduard Preiswerk's Eclipse Blue (coincidentally his car started life in Fawn Brown too!)
Elfie's moved! Mini_08
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:11 am

Beautiful colour, reminded me of an Elf I saw at Mini Meet East the owner is an email pal now! Notice the bonnet spear is missing. He has now managed to obtain one Very Happy

Elfie's moved! MMEandUSA044
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum