Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elf's off the road

2 posters

Go down

Elf's off the road Empty Elf's off the road

Post  Zef Tue May 18, 2010 1:01 am

Well after landing on my feet with the loan of a van for transport I've taken my Elf off the road for the floor repair.

Unfortunately I also decided to refit the wings as they never seemed right, the bonnet shut lines were terrible and the seam at the front of the wings had been filled. My mate decided to go hunting for the seam with a wire brush on a grinder and lets just say the colour of his language was a bit blue when he dug it into ½" of filler. About an hour later (maybe longer) the filler was gone and the reason the wings and bonnet didn't fit right became obvious, a very poorly repaired front panel and massive gaps at the wing to scuttle joint. It looks like the previous owner fitted the wings before the bonnet Rolling Eyes So it's project time comprising of repairing the panel properly, refitting same and making a 2 piece metal flip front in a manner you'd need to look closely to tell. Then I can change the engine, fix the suspension (it's sagged) and finally get round to fixing the floor. I'll start a project thread when I've got batteries in my camera.

Oh and I've only got the van for a couple of months so no pressure eh Twisted Evil
Zef
Zef

Back to top Go down

Elf's off the road Empty Re: Elf's off the road

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

good luck, the least said about rusty's bonnet/ wing gaps the better......... Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Elf's off the road Empty rusty

Post  Zef Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 pm

lol. To be honest at least there's not much rust (hardly any) hidden behind all that filler. Not bad considering I've used the ol' girl daily through winter.
Zef
Zef

Back to top Go down

Elf's off the road Empty Re: Elf's off the road

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down