Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexy's leak

2 posters

Go down

Lexy's leak Empty Lexy's leak

Post  RobBFG Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I've found out where the water is getting in now! While it was raining and the passenger footwell was filling up I took the dash board out to have a look. Here's what I found.

Lexy's leak Lexysleak

The water is coming in through this seam at the left end of the dash board. The top and bottom rails and the door seal frame the photo. There is a dry water stain running down to the seam, but there is water running down from just below the corner of the seam.

My question now is how does water get to the other side of this seam to leak through?
RobBFG
RobBFG

Back to top Go down

Lexy's leak Empty Re: Lexy's leak

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Rob,
Are your windscreen seals nice and tight around the edge to the bodywork? the scuttle area consists of 2 panels welded together, if there is a gap at the top water gets in there and rots the scuttle, this may be where your leak is coming from.

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 pm

I'd say the screen seal for certain. Pretty well every Mini I've had leaks there. New screen seals help a lot, and there is a late model one which is a bit wider so it seals better.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum