Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winnie Hornet

4 posters

Go down

Winnie Hornet Empty Winnie Hornet

Post  robinkritz1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

This is Winnie as she stands, she does not need too much welding, its the kind of project Ive been looking for. Enjoy
Front has been a bit airbrushed so does not reflect the true condition, did it as i was going to use it as my Avatar
]Winnie Hornet 14112[/img]
https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/79/42/65/16410.jpg[/img][/url][/img][img][/img][img]Winnie Hornet 15810[/img][img[img]Winnie Hornet 15311[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 14210[/img][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/79/42/65/14510.jpg" alt="" />[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 14811[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 16011[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 16411[/img]

Last edited by robinkritz1 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to add text)
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Winnie Hornet Empty Re: Winnie Hornet

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Nice!
whats your plans for her?

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 pm

I think you may have a prob with the MOT with the Fairy screen wash up bottle Cool Rolling Eyes
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  robinkritz1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Im not sure what part the fairy bottle is standing in for Tony, Im hoping theres not too much hidden welding work required to get her up to scratch, the previous owner is a big mini enthusiast and kept her well for quite a while until quite resently where she was stood under a tree.she starts and drives but he told me I will need to sort out the brake lines and rear suspension for MOT.I had a pretty extensive butchers and most of the rust is superficial, Ive shown the worst parts in the pics below.The interior is whats in dire need of restoration. I would like to restore her back to her former glory Nick but not over do it such that I will feel guilty driving her around, Im toying with the idea of changing the colour later on right now just sort out the rust on the roof, left hand side corner front pannel left hand wing and left hand door skin. She seems quite solid.[img]Winnie Hornet 14511[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 15010[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 14610[/img][img]Winnie Hornet 15611[/img]

Last edited by robinkritz1 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change text)
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:42 am

Good luck with your project. As for the fairy bottle, I know it's not for fairy dust! (more like an attempt to create an overflow on the radiator?)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Winnie Hornet Empty Hornet

Post  DyNoRod Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 am

Looks like mine 12 months ago! Good luck, looks like a lot of work!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  robinkritz1 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 am

Cheers mate, you will see a whole lot of difference in the engine bay, im planning to go to town with it, Its not a lot of work as ive restored an Alfa Romeo once before, and that had a lot of tin worm, this car just needs some TLC.The interior is whats worrying me, I think ill just get a cheap mini drivers seat and then slowly do each area at a time. Hey Dyno have you got pics of your car in the forum?[img]Winnie Hornet 14910[/img]
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Starting in an area at a time is a good move, it also helps when working on real rot boxes to keep rigidity! all good fun!! i like seeing pics like yours, and progress thru restoration. (maybe im just warped!!) Very Happy look forward to seeing more of her!

Back to top Go down

Post  robinkritz1 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks Nick you and me alike, I love seeing something being brought back to life, this little car is going to shine once again, God help me it will shine once again. Ill do my best to keep you guys posted but Ill have to move it to the Projects section in the forum. There are some really intensive projects in there, Im still waiting to see the progress on some of them. The car has cought me at a bad time financially also, I finish my last instalment to the owner tomorrow then await delivery on Saturday, I think Ill get impatient and try to start doing work on her immediately rather than wait and take a thorough look throughout the car and decide my plan of action, budjet, sourcing then commencing work in that order.Anyway lets see.
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Robin,
There will be plenty of people here, im sure that will give you the help and a wealth of knowledge to help you to get that restored shine!
i have several "wrecks" that i also, like yourself cant wait to get done! just wish it would stop raining...

Back to top Go down

Post  robinkritz1 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Haha, maybe we were seperated at birth Nick, I have a Honda Africa Twin 750, you know the classic Dakar racers,in many pieces in my garage , I was hoping to assemble in time for the delivery of the Hornet this saturday,so that my Winnie can have some shelter but with work and all, I come home and Im shattered so poor Winnie will have to sit in the rain for a while longer, I have to source a cover ASAP. Yes I saw the wrecks in your yard, are you selling any unwanted parts? I recon I will need a front pannel corner repair section, coz it looks shot, the rest im sure some lead loading will work just fine, it really just looks worse than it actually is, I did some heavy prodding, bless Colin the seller for putting up with it, I mean I was in there heavy duty style with the lifting of carpets prodding, Im glad it has worked out, it turned out to be just what I was looking for.
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

If that was mine ill just red oxide the rust spots and keep her ratty
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  robinkritz1 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey thats a very economy friendly option ill certainly consider it, have you seen the "Engine almost finished! No the bloody body though!" topic in the Projects section, my dream is to have my lump look like that eventually, im not sure if the Ratty body look will complement that coz I have to have my engine look like that.
robinkritz1
robinkritz1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum