Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sourcing / alternative chrome

3 posters

Go down

sourcing / alternative chrome Empty sourcing / alternative chrome

Post  NorthernElf Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Anyone found a alternative to the original chrome that runs around the car below the windows? I pressume getting hold of the original is difficult and my car is a budget build. Bought from a scrap yard as a rolling shell and rest of bits sourced through e-bay and is going 16v

As i have all the holes in the shell it seems a shame to weld them up if there are any other options

NorthernElf

Back to top Go down

sourcing / alternative chrome Empty Re: sourcing / alternative chrome

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

you can usually find these bits ok - i can offer you a passenger side door chrome strip free (as i have a few!) if you'll cover the postage? cans end the best one i have, but even this may need a re-chrome?

but as you say, budget build, and as i'm doing with rusty, that car will have the best chrome i have available at the time with no expensive re-chroming, and i'll call it patina! Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:18 am

I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard good things about their products and I plan to give them a try on my next project. There was a writeup in Rod-n-Custom Magazine and I saw a demonstration on a program on Speed Channel. They have a couple of small half-round profiles that would be about right to replace the waist/cowl trims. I'd probably try the HR069C, HR018C or HR071C.
Flex-Chrome
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NorthernElf Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 am

Big_Al_Smith wrote:you can usually find these bits ok - i can offer you a passenger side door chrome strip free (as i have a few!) if you'll cover the postage? cans end the best one i have, but even this may need a re-chrome?

but as you say, budget build, and as i'm doing with rusty, that car will have the best chrome i have available at the time with no expensive re-chroming, and i'll call it patina! Very Happy

Thats very generous mate, If you PM us your address or e-mail i can pay you via cheque or paypal ? I would ask if you need any bits but the only bits i have are attached to the engine as this is being removed,

NorthernElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum