Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Flu!

3 posters

Go down

Man   Flu! Empty Man Flu!

Post  Big_Al_Smith Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:47 pm

it does exist - i have it at the moment, but still manfully (or should that be man-fluey?) did my 10 hour shift on the buses yesterday and took old mum round bromley xmas shopping this morning and all round sainsbury's too for her groceries. Somebody pin a medal on me please 'cos we all know that us chaps get it far worse than the ladies!! Laughing

can of worms to be opened here please.......

please send bottles of medicinal brandy to the usual address! Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Man   Flu! Empty Re: Man Flu!

Post  TONYELF Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

Sorry to hear that Al. Must have caught it off some selfish passeger who thought work could not do without them (I know that type, goody two shoes!)
Get well soon, some one has to drive the buses on Christmas Eve (how else can Santa get around?) santa lol!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:18 am

Can of worms is now open...

Big_Al_Smith wrote: did my 10 hour shift on the buses yesterday and took old mum round bromley xmas shopping this morning and all round sainsbury's too for her groceries. :

Obviously not flu then - feeling a bit under the weather maybe? a bit of a cold? coming down with something?

If you can get out of bed. let alone walk around Sainsbuy's, it's NOT flu.

If you feel that bad, take a day off - no-one will thank you for going into work and there's still over a month to go shopping for Xmas, besides that's what the internet is for.

Sorry hun, you came on hear looking for sympathy........
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 am

elfgirl wrote:Can of worms is now open...

Big_Al_Smith wrote: did my 10 hour shift on the buses yesterday and took old mum round bromley xmas shopping this morning and all round sainsbury's too for her groceries. :

Obviously not flu then - feeling a bit under the weather maybe? a bit of a cold? coming down with something?

If you can get out of bed. let alone walk around Sainsbuy's, it's NOT flu.

If you feel that bad, take a day off - no-one will thank you for going into work and there's still over a month to go shopping for Xmas, besides that's what the internet is for.

Sorry hun, you came on hear looking for sympathy........

That's you told Al Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:36 pm

.......suitably chastised, he returns to his lemsip and paracetemol......
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 pm

I have always found that drinking large quantities of alcohol and having a medicinal phaal or garlic jalfrezi curry is much better than lemsip etc!! (with the alcohol you forget you feel poorly, with the curry you sweat also, and when you wake up with a hang over you can blame it on over indulgence!)..
thats my excuse anyway..

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:55 am

Big_Al_Smith wrote:.......suitably chastised, he returns to his lemsip and paracetemol......

Just to prove how anal I am - you shouldn't take paractemol and lemsip together as the latter contains the former. I tend to avoid combination cold cures and take paras and decongestants individually that way you know exactly what you're taking and when you can take more you can alway makes hot honey and lemon and then have as many of them as you want. (also works out much cheaper). You can always take an ibuprofen based painkillers in between if it's particularly bad. i.e ibuprofen every four hours abd paras every four hours, but alternate so take something every two hours - beig careful not to exceed maximum daiy doses obviously!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am

..........suitably prescribed, he returns to his alcohol, indian food and non-mismatched medication..... Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum