Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels

4 posters

Go down

Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels Empty Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels

Post  RomanHornet Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:55 am

I am restoring a very early mk1 Hornet, and I'm after any bits of proper Leather/Cloth seats, and Dove grey panels. Pleeeeeeaseee!

RomanHornet

Back to top Go down

Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels Empty Re: Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels

Post  CamelotR Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi,

I have one dove grey interior for sale, but it is an early mkIII. LEt me know if intrested.

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels Empty Re: Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels

Post  RomanHornet Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:15 am

Hallo and thanks for your offer, but mk1 and mk3 interiors are totally different, , you have doors with descending windows while mk1 have sliding windows, and seats design is different too. Thanks anyhow!

RomanHornet

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm

If you a few (or many!) spare coppers you could go here:::

http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/mini/product.jsp?ref=2867&series=26&type=2

Cheers
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Leather/Cloth Grey/Dove Grey interior, seats and panels Empty Early Mk1 Cloth and Leather Seats and Door cards

Post  Elf Service Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:36 am

This trim was only fitted to the first few Mk1 cars and consequently is extremely rare. Even if you manage to find some, it will be in poor condition at best. I suggest obtaining an all leather grey Mk1/2 interior and have it re-covered in plain grey cloth and leather. The door cards were half cloth and half vinyl and the rear parcel shelf was in cloth. I will have a look through some old photo's as I may have a couple which you can use as a guide. I broke a very poor Mk1 Hornet about 5 years ago and it had the interior you are looking for but it was well past being suitable for restoration. The early Mk1 Elf models had a similar half leather half cloth arrangement but to differentiate between models, they used a different cloth.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:04 am

An alternative supplier to Newton Commercial is :::

http://retroretrims.net/montecarlo.aspx

Retroretrims seem eminently capable of producing what you need ... have a word....

Many years ago, I owned a mid-1962 Elf Mk1 ....iirc ElfService's comments describe exactly the design of the door cards on that car. My latest (1964 Elf) are as described in the Newton Commercial ad and similar to the Retroretrim cards except that the ribbing is simulated.
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum