Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One peice rear window seals

3 posters

Go down

One peice rear window seals Empty One peice rear window seals

Post  Thranduil Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:54 am

I'm still plodding along with what must be one of the slowest rebuilds ever, but the good thing about that is I have lots of time to think about each step.

I put the new Newton Commercial head liner in last week and it looks fantastic. NC really make nice products. Front and rear screens are next.
I normally get all my parts from the UK and I've tried pretty much everywhere to find one peice rear screen seals. However it seems that they are not available anymore to fit the Elf/ Hornet (and the Mk1 /2 mini). So I went ahead and bought the later and larger one peice seal and prepared to cut it down.

Then I realised that all the minis just across the Tasman were the Mk1/2 shape and so contacted one of the parts suppliers in Australia. No problem at all to find the smaller one peice rear seals to fit our cars in Aus. I got mine from www.mgspareparts.com.au but I'm sure there are lots of other mini parts suppliers in Aus that can also supply.

Thought you'd like to know

Thranduil

Back to top Go down

One peice rear window seals Empty Re: One peice rear window seals

Post  Red Riley Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Really? I don't see any Mini screen seals on their website. All of the suppliers I can find doing a google search for Australian Mini Parts only supply the larger seal which they say must be cut down. So who are you talking to and what part numbers are you using? More info please...?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thranduil Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 am

Yes, absolutely. I phoned them, but others may find it easier to email. They do have the small one peice seals in stock and they do fit the rear windows of the Elf/Hornet and Mk1 /2 minis. I was also a bit sceptical when I spoke to them but they assured me it would fit. So I took the chance and ordered one. Sure enough when it arrived it is a perfect fit. No cutting necessary.
Another place I spoke to said they normally carry them but are currently out of stock.

Thranduil

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 am

Well, I've gotten a quote from them on the seal, but shipping to the US is outrageous. I'll probably go ahead and cut the large seal that I already have.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am

I bought mine from M & M's many moons ago. When I caqme to fit it, it was too big, no problem, I cut it with aprox 1/8" overlap and pressed it in so butt ends were nice and tight. So far (19 months) no leaks.
I did not use any sealant either (like some peeps suggested.)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down