Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornet Colours

5 posters

Go down

Hornet Colours Empty Hornet Colours

Post  DyNoRod Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:39 am

My car finally got a coat of paint on the underside and under the bonnet (did this part myself, so I can put the subframes back in and make it roll before it goes to the proper painter). I was very surprised to find that Snowberry white, is very 'vanilla', checked the codes and they seem correct. Im just a little confused as many of the cars I have seen on the net in that colour look much whiter..... it looks better under natural light.

Any thoughts?
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Hornet Colours Empty Re: Hornet Colours

Post  discoman41 Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:51 am

I thought my Snowberry White roof was very white until we parked Tricia's Diamond White Mini Designer next to it, then suddenly, without warning, my roof turned........yes, Vanilla!!!! Laughing

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:29 am

I got very scared the first time I saw the base coat on my Whitehall Beige roof. It looked exactly like gray primer until they sprayed the clear coat. Now it's just beautiful. Way warmer in tone than the former incorrect OEW. And it tends to change from sunlight to artificial light. I hope you like your Snowberry as much as I like my Beige.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet Colours Empty Paint

Post  DyNoRod Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:27 am

That makes me feel a little better, thanks chaps.
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 pm

discoman41 wrote:I thought my Snowberry White roof was very white until we parked Tricia's Diamond White Mini Designer next to it, then suddenly, without warning, my roof turned........yes, Vanilla!!!! Laughing

Jase

And even Diamond White (which is the colour for my Mini Sky) seems quite creamy compared with a brilliant white, or even with the old paintwork (which seems to whiten with age).
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Hornet Colours Empty hornet paint codes

Post  mac Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi folks.
Does anybody know where or if there is a paint code on the hornet ?, if not could anybody tell me the codes, mine is a 67 mk3 painted in what i would say is burgandy with white roof.
Many thanks
John
mac
mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 pm

From https://web.archive.org/web/20021211202801/http://drcwww.uvt.nl:80/~bogaard/mkl-69.htm
For what it's worth.

Wolseley Hornet Mk III (1966-1969)
Body Color (Code) Roof Color (Code)   ~~~~  Seats  ~~~  Seat Piping  ~  Lining  ~~~~  Headlining  ~  Door Seals  ~~~  Rubber Mats
Maroon B (RD23) Toga White (WT5)   ~~~~  Dove Grey  ~  Dove Grey  ~  Dove Grey  ~  Pale Cream  ~  Natural Rubber  ~  Cumulus Grey
Maroon B (RD23) Snowberry White (WT4)  ~  Dove Grey  ~  Dove Grey  ~  Dove Grey  ~  Pale Cream  ~  Cumulus Grey  ~  Cumulus Grey

So it's definitely Maroon B, but you'll have to figure out whether the roof is Toga White or Snowberry.

Last edited by Red Riley on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet Colours Empty hornet colours

Post  mac Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Many thanks red riley, great help
cheers
john
mac
mac