Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrappage Scheme

+2
Big_Al_Smith
discoman41
6 posters

Go down

Scrappage Scheme Empty Scrappage Scheme

Post  discoman41 Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Just read in this weeks Classic Car Weekly paper (Front page headline!) that a perfectly good Riley Elf Mk 2 has been scrapped under this stupid scheme - in Kent, no less! Al - where were you when it needed rescuing???

Apparently it was a bit rough, but had a good Red Interior and was taxed (exempt) and tested!!! Also, someone who worked at the dealership wanted to ssave it and buy it but because the scrappage deal had been done, DVLA said no!

Bloody ludicrous!!!!

Sooner the scheme stops the better!!!!

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Scrappage Scheme Empty Re: Scrappage Scheme

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:49 pm

first i've heard of it - shame! reckon mum would've been miffed if i got another one though - her old lady chums reckon her garage and driveway look like a scrapyard now! Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 pm

I heard the same of a Clubman Estate. The breakers are not even allowed to sell the shell or engine. They can sell everything else though, which tends to end up on Ebay.

Apparently they can be saved - a Riley RM was rescued - but more than £2000 has to change hands. Few cars traded in under the scheme are worth that.

Bad business, and for no good purpose other than to kickstart new car sales.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Thank God the money is about to run out soon. cheers cheers cheers cheers
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Scrappage Scheme stops in october
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Scrappage Scheme Empty scrapage

Post  lester Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 am

my friend is an end of life vehicle recycler and the cars that he is getting in for scrapping generally is ridiculous. I personally have had several mini's including a nice mk1 saloon and a very nice 67 Fiat 500! which have come on the bridge at £100 a ton or there abouts (not sure what the scrap is fetching at the moment) Fortunately he is a very keen old car collecter and most of the older ones have been saved. It helps me no end in some ways as i have a couple of very nice low mileage engines for my mini's how about 14000 mile 1 litre for one of my Mokes. I also got some lovely Alfa seats for my camper so it's not all bad. I heard of a perfectly good Morris Minor going in the bin on the scheme. Apparantly the money will run out in October so lets hope the old car fraternity will be rid of this ridiculous idea for moving on these overpriced, overengineered monsters that the manufacters have flooded the market with in pursuit of the allmighty dollar. Give me a bostin Austin any dayi love my get you home car.
cheers for now lester Exclamation

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Apparently the USA has also run a similar scheme this year, with $3500-4500 being allowed against the old car. However the Americans have been much more discriminating; the trade-in vehicle had to be on a list of qualifying gas-guzzlers and be less than 25 years old. A pity our government didn't take this line; some of our classics could have been saved. And our Elfs & Hornets would be safe!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum