Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th

5 posters

Go down

Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th Empty Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th

Post  Big_Al_Smith Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 pm

text of an email i received:

Alistair,
I wonder if you can help…
I am putting together the entry list for the ’50 Years of the Mini’ display at the forthcoming Goodwood Revival meeting, for which we are aiming to bring together 50 minis and Mini variants to illustrate the broad history of the marque. The display will include standard road cars (saloon, pick up, traveller), custom cars (Broadspeed, Marcos, Moke), significant competition cars (circuit racers, rally cars, Ministox), and some weird and wonderful specials (Outspan orange, stretch limo, Wildgoose motorhome). These cars will be displayed together in the main spectator area, and will take to the track once per day for a demonstration. It promises to be a fantastic spectacle, which should do justice to the wonderful history of the car.
One model which obviously needs to be represented is the Riley Elf/Wolseley Hornet. We’ve got a Heinz 57 Hornet coming, but I also think it’s important to have a standard car there, in which case it seems fairest to have an Elf. My question is whether you know of a nicely presented car which would be suitable and available to come to the event on September 18-20? It doesn’t necessarily have to be absolutely concours, but in the interests of representing the joys of Elf/Hornet motoring (which I know myself, having owned one of each!), it would be good to get the best one available. Normally Goodwood events are exclusively for pre-1966 vehicles, although we are making an exception for the Minis in order to widen our horizons a bit further. However, if it is possible to find a Mk1 or Mk2 that would probably be better. The only other stipulation is that it must be a standard car, running on regular 10” wheels with hubcaps and no arches.
Okay, that’s probably specific enough for now! If you have any questions, I can be contacted on: Will.Kinsman@goodwood.com
I look forward to hearing from you, and very much hope you can help.
Regards, Will
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th Empty Re: Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th

Post  discoman41 Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:37 am

Whilst I would love to have "Rupe" in there flying the flag for the marque and the register, (and I would even put his 10" original wheels back on! Laughing ) he really desperately needs to go in for his respray after Mini 50 sunday!

Besides, he's been doing far too much limelight hogging of late!

Plus, I happen to think there are far better Elf's than "Rupe" in our cracking little Register!

I'll be showing him at Kemble Steam and Vintage Rally on Saturday and Sunday, as there will be 50 Mini's on display in a special section!

Very Happy
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th Empty Re: Good Elf wanted for display at Goodwood sept 18th-20th

Post  TONYELF Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 am

Would love to offer mine too but theres more to life than Minis (says the wife!) and I've spent too much time on minis this year!!!!!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm

They still want one - Miniworld Mag are on the case now too and leaving me answerphone messages!

If they get desperate, they may even take a nice Hornet - only catch is, once it's parked up in it's designated spot, it doesn't move for 3 days!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Big_Al_Smith wrote:They still want one - Miniworld Mag are on the case now too and leaving me answerphone messages!

If they get desperate, they may even take a nice Hornet - only catch is, once it's parked up in it's designated spot, it doesn't move for 3 days!

Tell 'em they should have one of each!!! Or nothing!!! lol
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 pm

they already have steve's heinz '57 hornet for display and want an elf to sit next to it. has to be original though
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 am

Spoke to my folks today (who live within walking distance of Goodwood) but there's no room at the Inn even if they were desperate enough to take Katy also it does clash with my karate championship qualifiers!

Andrew, what about your friend, who's name I forget, sorry, who was in the first 50 of the L2B, his car was fab!

Al, have you sent an e-mail to all members? We know that not all are on here.

Last edited by elfgirl on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Elf Service Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 am

Re the L2B Elf, I doubt if Peter will be able to offer his car as he lives north of Leeds and to leave it for three days is pretty unlikely. I will ask anyway and report back.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 am

TONYELF wrote:Would love to offer mine too but theres more to life than Minis (says the wife!) and I've spent too much time on minis this year!!!!!

Sorry I have no good news on this front.I have just had confirmation from the hospital.
I have a date for another hernia repair on 1st Sept so I'm gonna be "goosed" for at least 4 weeks from that date otherwise I would have done my best to attend.
I hope those who can make it have a good day.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 am

TONYELF wrote:Would love to offer mine too but theres more to life than Minis (says the wife!) and I've spent too much time on minis this year!!!!!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down