Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heritage certificates

4 posters

Go down

heritage certificates Empty heritage certificates

Post  spongebob Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am

I was thinking of getting a heitage certificate for the hornet but the heritage website is a little vague as to actually get for your money, What details are included on it? and is it any better than a registration document?, have any other members got one?
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

heritage certificates Empty Re: heritage certificates

Post  TONYELF Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

Yes. I have one, I too, thought it expensive @ £35 but it gave a few interesting points like the exact date it was built, when it was first registered,by whom and where ie Garage and Location. It also states Factory fitted fresh air heater! I wanted it to find out the original colours.
I shall have it with me on Sunday 9th at the Mini 50 show (all being well with the engine re build later this week)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:38 pm

I have one. Cost me £25 quid a few years back from the British Motor Heritage Trust.

I always display it at shows and will have it with me at Mini 50 on the Sunday.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Elf Service Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:25 am

spongebob wrote:I was thinking of getting a heitage certificate for the hornet but the heritage website is a little vague as to actually get for your money, What details are included on it? and is it any better than a registration document?, have any other members got one?

If you fancy a day out at Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon (just off the M40 between Warwick and Banbury) they have all the records available for you to look through and you can take all the details they use for the "Heritage Cerificate". If you are in no rush, I suggest you wait until the next Mini show at Gaydon and you can visit the Library where the records are kept for free. The archivists are very helpful and welcome Mini owners to check their vehicle details. Records are available for most BMC vehicles produced at Longbridge Birmingham. You can spend as long as you like and all you need is the VIN (Vehicle Indentification Number). The registration number isn't much use as the dealer looked after that side of the sale. Some of the records, including my Elf have the build date shipping date to the dealer and his name. A little bit anorak stuff I know but interesting if you really wish to go that little bit further. Don't get me wrong as this is no substitute for the genuine certificate but if you find £35.00 a little expensive then this is the next best thing and you have the additional fun of going through the records.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down