Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Inertia Seat Belts

4 posters

Go down

Front Inertia Seat Belts Empty Front Inertia Seat Belts

Post  TONYELF Wed May 20, 2009 1:19 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the Elf is exempt from seat belts. at the moment it has static belts and what a pain in the backside they are to adjust and to have to fumble about on the floor behind the seats for the buckles is a right bind.
Anyone got a decent pair of inertia belts to sell please? Question
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Front Inertia Seat Belts Empty Re: Front Inertia Seat Belts

Post  sebillba Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 am

sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri May 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks for that Greg, somehow I have missed these on the bay!
Cheers.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Sat May 23, 2009 5:06 am

Tony

have you tried speedy spares they have new seat belts there

CJ

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat May 23, 2009 9:18 am

CJ wrote:Tony

have you tried speedy spares they have new seat belts there

Thanks Chris.checked them out but can only find a three point harness! Good site. I have logged it into my favourites for future ref.
Decided to buy a pair off the bay (as spotted by Greg. One pair brand new £25 +postage. They will do for my van project if not suitable for the Elf. IF the y are OK in Elf I may consider a pair for the van as well!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sebillba Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Have you got your seat belts yet? Are the suitable for our cars? I am still dithering if to buy a set or not Rolling Eyes
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat May 30, 2009 11:49 am

I did get a pair, only to find they are 2 point belts for the likes of an mgb so unsuitable for my MK2 inasmuch as I will have to mount the inertia reel on the outside of the rear pocket and find a loop fitting for the door pillar to pass it through. (scrap yard , here I come)
Another point, these belts need to have the inertia reel absolutely level and vertical, very critical because when you park on a slope you will find it difficult to pull the belt out.
I do intend to fit them if i can find suitable loops.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Found some piller fittings and after a hell of a struggle getting one end through the aperture I found the belts are too short so forget about them. These will fit in the van as the roller fitting will be fitted on the cargo deck and not on the floor as in the Elf.
The search goes on!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 pm

I finally went for some made by Securon Ref No MSA 1111 from Old Skool Minis £39.99 each. They come with several brackets so they can be adapted for several other makes of car.
I had to use an offset bracket Being a MK2 Elf with sliding windows and big door pockets the bottom B pillar hole meant the belt would hindered by the pocket. Using the bracket moved the belt fitting away from the pocket. Job done. Now putting the belt on is a doddle as the stalks just sit nicely between the seats!

Last edited by TONYELF on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  myminimonster Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 am

Hi Tony,
I'm also looking for replacement belts.
These you have found, what style are they?
If im not mistaken there are two types.

Modern ones that have the reel, a fixing for door pillar, then the tongue ( shiny silver bit) then finally the end fixing on in sill.

I'm looking for ones that are the same as in my elf. These have the reel at the floor level as above but only have one fixing point on the door pillar. The tongue is between these two points.

Mine pull out from the bottom as you put the belt on as the modern ones pull from the top as it routes via the door pillar.only annoying bit about mine is that the to tongue is prone to being slammed in the door as it defaults to the reel on the floor.

Hope this makes sense and are able to describe if your replacement ones are like the early ones. I did seach old sckool minis website but was unable to find them.

Thanks
Adie
myminimonster
myminimonster

http://www.theminiregister.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:37 pm

The new belts are exactly the same fittings as the later minis. Pull down the buckle from the top of pillar across the chest and plug into the the floor stalk on centre tunnel. Simples!
I have emailed you photos seeing Photobucket have courtously removed those from the Forum (they probably see it as an advertisement or displaying a patent?) I have also sent you a link to ebay for similar ones. Here it is for other members reference There are 4 belts left at the moment. 13.4.2011

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Front-Inertia-black-Seatbelt-brand-new-/140478730218?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b52f4fea

Last edited by TONYELF on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Number belts left and date)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down