Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Valance's

5 posters

Go down

Rear Valance's Empty Rear Valance''s

Post  hornetob Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Dear All,

Having recently decided that I would like to reinstall my Hornet's rear valance the huge cost became apparent.

Having the facilities to build an exact replica of the original using a composite (most likely glass reinforced fibre) I thought it was worth testing the water to see if anyone would be interested in such an item?

It would obviously be identical to the original, although being secured using the rear bumper bolt holes or bonded to the rear floor.

This would never rust, be a great deal lighter (with the same strength) and could be supplied in black or white gelcoat finish ready for direct fitment or to be painted.

If anyone was interested then the moulds wouldn't take too long to make, although it simply wouldn't be viable for small quantities so would need a run of at least ten.

This may not appeal to purists, however anyone who has a limited budget or is using their car for competition might find this useful.

Best Regards

Olly
hornetob
hornetob

Back to top Go down

Rear Valance's Empty Re: Rear Valance's

Post  TONYELF Mon May 18, 2009 7:23 pm

I may be interested although mine is solid.
I'm looking ahead to making a Elf/hornet rear end trailer sometime and feel they would be a damn sight lighter if made in F/Glass. Also they would be better balanced being longer on the overhang at the rear, than a mini saloon.
All the mini saloon trailer jobs are quite heavy "up front"
So if the "price was right" a big maybe
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1071kev Wed May 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I've just signed up to the forum and noticed this post. I'm a couple of steps ahead of you in that I had a mould made a couple of years ago and have one fibreglass valance. I've got a reproduction valance too and from memory the fibreglass one is probably not much lighter but won't rust. It was made for me by a local boat builder.

Kev

1071kev

Back to top Go down

Post  mac Wed May 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Kev.
When you say you have a rear valence mould are you suggesting that you could have further valences made ?, and if so could you post pics and price.
Many thanks
John
mac
mac

Back to top Go down

Rear Valance's Empty Rear Valances

Post  1071kev Thu May 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi John,

I was planning on getting some more made but wanted to fit one to one of my cars first. I'll dig out the mould and valance in the next week and get some photos done. I'll try to track down the boat builder or alternative moulder too.

Kev

1071kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnnypoopoopants Fri May 21, 2010 8:01 pm

I would have one from the original seller / post starter

Whats the damage £ going to be? Very Happy

Johnnypoopoopants

Back to top Go down

Post  hornetob Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 am

Hey Guys,

Due to a lack of interest this one got put on the back burner!

Again there would sadly need to be at run of 10 to make it worth the material costs.
hornetob
hornetob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum