Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost there

Go down

Almost there Empty Almost there

Post  Bryanthemercman Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:24 am

April 3rd 2020:

Project "ERNIE" he's out of the Paint Shop looking great and he has been moved to the workshop and the final assembly began in January. I minor set-back was that I had to change the Starter Ring Gear and Starter Motor Bendix as must have been changed at some point with a starter from another car. The engine runs sweet now with an inch and half carburettor and the diff was changed to a 3.44 for better cruising. The electics have been upgraded to Alternator and my custom built loom.The colours are Clipper Blue/Old English White for the roof. The underside has been sealed with "Raptor" and the interior has also been finished in Clipper blue. The front grilles have been spray chromed as apposed to dip chromed to get a better finish. This was expensive but worth it. You can now also follow the story on "Facebook" "Riley Elf Appreciation Society"  

Almost there Paint_19
Almost there Paint_20
Almost there Paint_21Almost there March_10
Almost there March_11
Almost there March_12
Almost there Rear_e10
Almost there Rear_o10
Almost there Unders10
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Almost there Empty Revised Date

Post  Bryanthemercman Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:56 pm

The Larger pictures where taken in March this year as you can see "Ernie" should be ready soon if it was not for this dreaded Corona Virus.

I have had to Self Isolate on account of my health issues but I have nothing but praise of my restorers and there dedication and craftsmanship over the last 4 yrs. Yes I have gone well over budget but the end product is nothing but amazing.  Here are a couple more pictures.

Almost there Unders11
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum