Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for JOX 342E (red Elf)

2 posters

Go down

Looking for JOX 342E (red Elf) Empty Looking for JOX 342E (red Elf)

Post  philm Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:50 pm

My dear Grandpa, who drove fire engines during the war in the National Fire Service and died in 1993, owned a red Riley Elf, JOX 342E in the 1970s and early 80s. After he gave up driving, it was sold to a family friend who lovingly restored it and ran it for a number of years. We since lost track of where the Elf got to.
Prompted by thoughts of Grandpa, I searched online and found a photo of JOX 342E with a 06/15 tax disc! So it's still running! Not only that, but another photo showed it at the Ragley Hall Classic Car Show in 2015 on 24 May. That date, by cosmic coincidence, was my Dad's (Grandpa's son's) seventy-fifth birthday. There are other reasons why the date and location are particularly significant to my family, suffice it to say I would love to discover the current whereabouts of Joxy, and to share a bit of its history.
I would be so delighted to hear from anyone who can offer any information on this long-lost family member!

philm

Back to top Go down

Looking for JOX 342E (red Elf) Empty Riley Elf JOX 342 E

Post  Elf Service Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Philm

I know the whereabouts of this Elf and the owners. If you wish to send me a private message we can discuss further.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum