Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Owner of a Wolseley Hornet 1967 Mk 111 Automatic

Go down

New Owner of a Wolseley Hornet 1967 Mk 111 Automatic Empty New Owner of a Wolseley Hornet 1967 Mk 111 Automatic

Post  sebillba Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi,
Im Greg in Southsea, Hampshire and I am an owner of a Wolseley Hornet Mark 3 automatic in green.
Its the first model of the BMC mini and derivative range I have ever owned. I am totally new to these cars. Its in very good condition, well I am still getting to know it, so goodness knows what "history" and work I will discover!! Shocked One thing that is good is its very original inside and has very little wear. I have a few things to find like replacement front side grills, interior light, and switch panel. I am sure my list will grow and grow Rolling Eyes I have no drivers owners manual or workshop manual, a priority to get. When it gets to bodywork I am totally lacking in knowledge. What parts of the body are interchangable with the mini?? I know the engine is a basic cooper???
I also own a spotless 1955 Austin A30 4door in black, a 2005 Smart fourtwo Grandstyle in racing green and a Renault clio Sport 2001. In the past I have owned a Humber, a Rover P6, a Hillman and a 1976 Honda. The Hornet is the smallest car I have ever owned and I love it. What took me so long to discover this great car Very Happy
Surfing the net there doesnt seem to be an awful lot f information about these cars. There is plenty about Minis but not the Elf and Hornet, perhaps I am looking in the wrong places. I was really pleased to find this register. I hope people wont get fed up of me picking their brains I really am a novice to these cars.
Cheers
Greg
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum