Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug

4 posters

Go down

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug Empty southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 pm

this year the event is being held at bewl water instead of the hop farm.
today (being "drive it day", when we are all supposed to go out with our old cars for a drive, ray and i took our cars (with mum, of course, and had a quick look at bewl water, before heading to the seaside for fish n' chips and ice cream (look out waistline - here it comes!)
what a glorious looking venue it is - to be recommended heartily if the weather's kind!

www.smoc.co.uk
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug Empty Re: southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug

Post  elfgirl Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:20 pm

A couple of us spoke to the SMOC at Ravenswood. Camping space is going to be tight at this one. The only way we can all get space together is if we let them know in advance how many of us want to get on a "club pitch", might be a bit awkward with electric hook up. You have to book tickets directly with the venue but SMOC did say that can reserve us some space. Otherwise it'll just be a situation were you camp with the people you arive with. I'm looking unlikely to get there before the Saturday afternoon, so very keen to a reserved pitch.

So, the question is, are you definately going and do you want to camp as part of the club? Lets see what response we get. Al, do you want to send a similar message 'round by e-mail as I know not all members are on the forum?
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug Empty Golden Mini Days Tickets Booked

Post  EBBY HORNET Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Sarah

I have just booked our tickets for smoc Golden Mini Days Weekend. Will Al let smoc know the numbers of Elf/hornet club memebers are going so we can have another fab weekend camping together or should we email them? We have just returned from Gaydon nice warm day lots of Wolseley's and mini's, didn't see anyone we knew. Good auto jumble got lots of bits for Ebby, Mark is playing with them cleaning and fixing ready to put on her when painting is finished.

See you soon
Jill and Mark Very Happy
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug Empty Re: southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug

Post  elfgirl Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:01 am

Just replying on this one to bring it up to the top of the list in case any one else is interested in this weekend - an ABBA tribute band on the Sat night.... you know you want to!!!

I know AL has tried to book club space. I think he's planning on arriving with Ray on the Friday. I can't get there until the Sat, likewise, I think Colin, Kay and Jack. Can't remember when you said you were arriving J and M- sorry. I think, unless Al hears back from SMOC, the plan is to pitch some spare tents and thus reserve space for people he knows are coming.

Any other takers?? Seems like a bit of a diminished crew from last year! Al, if you want any help in chasing up SMOC let me know, I finish work tomorrow so should be able to help.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug Empty Camping Spouthern Mini Days

Post  EBBY HORNET Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 am

Hi Sarah
We are intending to get to Bewl water Friday afternoon. Hope the weather is better than the past week, just came back from Devon camping rained everyday. Andy refused to stay in the tent after 2 nights so three of us squashed in the camper. Came home a day early packed the tent when it finally decided to stop raining for a couple of hours. Need some nice weather for SMOC.

See you soon
Jill and Mark
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 am

[quote="EBBY HORNET"]Hi Sarah
We are intending to get to Bewl water Friday afternoon. Hope the weather is better than the past week, just came back from Devon camping rained everyday. Andy refused to stay in the tent after 2 nights so three of us squashed in the camper. Came home a day early packed the tent when it finally decided to stop raining for a couple of hours. Need some nice weather for SMOC.

See you soon
Jill and Mark[/quote

Fingers crossed for a bit of sun or you may find me and Marc trying to squash in you camper too Laughing
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 pm

hi all, been away for a few days with old mum in the caravan - norfolk and the weather was pretty good!

i've not had a reply to my email from smoc, but elfhirlg is correct in saying that ray and i will be there friday afternoon. planning on getting there around 2pm. there will be no caravan this year as my friends dessie and dave will be working, so it'll just be me, jvg and a very small tent. will save as much space as we can and keep fingers crossed for good weather!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:14 pm

It was a good weekend despite the rain!!

I think I won the "how much stuff can you get in an Elf" competition!
southern (golden) mini days, 31 july-2 aug IMG_1379
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Good God! LOL Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 pm

she cheated - her car's really a tardis! Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down